• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the consensus on Mosin M91/30 worth today?

I always bring the M44 with the pointy thing that goes up to initiate newbies to milsurp with the customary shoulder bruise tattoo after firing this boomstick.

m44-kablooie.jpg
My m44 and m38 are my best dollar to fun ratio of any gun I own. I paid less than $200 for each of them. I bought a shit ton of surplus when it was available cheap. I do the same.....when I'm taking friends to the range I always bring a carbine for shits and grins. But....my m38 is more accurate than my 91-30......does quite well at cmp bolt action events.

I paid $149 for one once and hated to do it. I have a few and am not paying $300ish ever.
I have two carbines and a 91-30 never paid more than $200. The 91-30 was my first and was $139. At sub $200 they have value for what they are.......but climbing up to $300.....I'd never have bought one.

I shoot mine 2-3 times a year at cmp bolt action matches for shits and grins and also when I bring friends to the club I bring a carbine for the boom and flash fun. But.....have to say they have "value" to me due to the low cost I paid for them years ago.......combine that with the stockpile of sealed 440 round cans I have stashed away and if the shtf I have some nice bartering material. Yes......I do think that way lol

If the SHTF, I have an unopened 900 round case/2 tins of '69 HXP .30-06, and an unopened 900 round tin of '99 Yugo M75 8mm. My 'special reserve'.

Should probably stock up on .38 special and 9mm...

They're facing almost due south; why do I always get the north end?

t

Attachments

• IMG_6560.jpg
    IMG_6560.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom