• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the best drop in AR carbine rail system going?

What's the best drop in carbine rail system going?
Guys I have used MI (Midwest Industries), Knights, Amament, and TROY drop in rail systems.
What do you guys think is the best?
I like the looks of the Daniel Defense and Surefire drop in systems.

If it were to take place right now, I'd be buying the Daniel Defense system.
Thanks,

smitty

I have a Daniel Defense Omega on a carbine. Simple to install, very high quality, rock solid, comparatively light weight.

I just put the DD Omega 7 on mine recently and have taken it to the range several times. Super easy install and it is solid. I did alot of research prior to buying and this was the one that kept coming up.

ArmySarge,
DD Omega 7 - "I did alot of research prior to buying and this was the one that kept coming up."
Your right that one has the reputation of being the best bar none.

The DD Omega 7 will cost more money, but it is still a drop in (plus free float).
It is the only one of it's kind.
I was looking at the DD EZ CAR Rail 7.0 Carbine, but the DDOmega 7 keeps coming up as the one to get.
I'm not sure of the two, might just depend on impulse at the time.
FOR NOW I'M GOING TO GIVE DD A PHONE CALL TO SPEAK WITH THEM.
I will keep you posted what one I go with.

smitty

Last edited:
I've been gone off NES for a long time.
I went ahead and bought the DD Omega and don't regret it.
Buy once - cry once.
It is free float, lightweight, simple to instal, and solid as a rock.
It is the best 7 inch drop in rail system going.
smitty

I really like my drop in/floating Troy Delta. I scored it for way under $200 when Midway was having a sale.

20141021_124939.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

oh man.....old thread....sorry,

I run Centurion drop ins on 2 of my ARs , 12 " & 9". They are quads, something I thought I wanted at the time and could live without now. Blue loctited the 4 screws 3 years ago, haven't moved so far with vigorous use.

I run Centurion drop ins on 2 of my ARs , 12 " & 9". They are quads, something I thought I wanted at the time and could live without now. Blue loctited the 4 screws 3 years ago, haven't moved so far with vigorous use.

centurion rails are great. I have the carbine cutout on my DD 10.3" and I love it.

never flirted with idea of picking up a key mod rail and even rails like Midwest industries SS, I've always gone back to quad rails

Oh man, old thread sorry!
Don't sweat it.

I got the DD for $200 from LAPoliceGear sort of like you did with Midway.
Anyways their both great looking rails.

smitty

Back
Top Bottom