• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the BEST deal you ever gotten?

This "worst deal" thread is getting depressing, though it may help those who find a bit of schadenfreude uplifting.

The for the "Best deal" thread.

My record:

#1: Glock 27, near unfired condition, 3 mags - $80 (from a friend who "didn't really like that gun")

#2: Ruger Security 6, blued, 2 3/8" 90% bluing, flawless metal - $95. It needed a new mainspring housing ($2.00) to reliably fire in double action mode. (20 years ago in a shop where revolvers moved slowly)

A Mint 10/22 for $100 at Four Seasons....

A .44 Desert Eagle in exchange for a full size HK40. (trust me, no one needs more than one full size fotay.

Martlet that doesn't count cause you still don't have a final tally on that transaction.[wink]

#1: Hi-Standard Citation mint condition - $150 (from a widow. Gun belonged to her late husband)

#2: Plainfield M-1 Carbine very good condition - $100 (at a gun show from a private party)

#3: Norinco SKS very good condition - $100 (from the estate of a deceased gun club member)

#4: Colt Python unfired - $495 (from the estate of a deceased police officer)

A 1 year old Matthews SoloCam compound bow with rest and stabilizer in mint condition for $100 because the previous owner "liked his old bow better"

had to put a new cam on to get my length of pull and a new sight and quiver

so for about $250 I was into a $1000 set up!!!!![smile]

I know it's cheating but I got guns for being a good nephew.

My uncle gave me more than a few fine rifles and pistols, including a nice Colt Govt 1911 and a really cherry Remington 70 in .375 H&H Magnum.

Then there was this Colt Python that happen to find it's way into the collection....

Other than that, I hunt for deals and seldom buy a gun unless I deem it a good price.

The love of my life for the past 20+ years. She's an angel that the Lord sent to me and I don't think I could survive without her.

Oh and she a 'gun-nut' like the rest of us and she's awaiting her LTC.

S&W Model 66 4" at Fourseasons for $250. in near Mint condition.

Last edited:
I once bought a nice Rem. 1100 with two barrels and an older but perfect condition Ithaca Lightweight pump, both 12 ga. and a good supply of assorted ammo for $150.00.

Just last week I had an older gent stop by my store and sell me a case of 20 ga. #9 skeet loads for $25.00. The shipping label on the box is dated 1981.

I bought my Polytech side folder near new in the 80s for $200.00. Original box and accessories included. They were not selling for much more than that back then but I still have it.
The seller was one of those loser types that still lived in mommy and daddy's basement. When they got wind that he had it they made him sell it.

A Colt Series 70 1911 w/a new in-the-box .22 conversion kit, a S&W Model 27, a S&W Model 49, and a S&W Model 17 - all for $500.

Ohhh I almost forgot this one! I got a Winchester Model 94 Lever Action in 30-30 (in excellent condition) for shooting a few deer that were getting into the guys garden. He said he was never going to use it again and he only paid $64 for it in 1967 at The Mart. He thought I would enjoy it...He was right

Mossberg model 46b in very good condition for $20 from a friend of my dads who wanted to buy a smaller rifle for his son. It's the best shooting .22 I've ever owned.

I still like the deal on my Garand from the CMP. (sure everyone gets it but its a deal)
Could not be happier with this rifle and it was under $400.

My SW MP15 for $650 Brand new only test fired. Ya I haven't been along as the rest of you guys here. I could only wish for for the deals you guys have gotten.

Rob must have had me in mind when he started this thread.....

Coltsresizejpg.png

Four vintage Colt revolvers. Commando .38 stamped MA Police on the bottom of the grip frame, .32 Officer's Target model, Python .357, and Anaconda .38.

Two hundred US dollars. [wink]

No, not each. [shocked]

Last edited:
S&W 442, Makarov, S&W Sigma 40F, Ruger GP 100, Savage Model 10 .308 w/scope, Ruger 10/22, Marlin commemorative Mod 60, Savage Mod 99 in 30-30, Dillon Sq Deal, Browning Buckmark Slabside Target, Remington 870 Magnum w/2 barrels.

All the above, and a bit more... for $900.

The divorcing wife threw in a Browning fire rated safe for free, but I couldn't take it because my floor couldn't hold it. (I offered it here on NES for short money, but by the time people finished asking me how much does it weigh, what color is it, can I deliver it.... it was gone, given to the first guy with a truck who would get it out of her house.)

I've gotten a lot of Freebies in my life from people who wanted me to have their guns when they got too old for them. Remington 510 .22, Savage 99s in 250-300, Mossberg 20 Ga.pump, Replica Buffalo black powder, Marlin Mod 90, Nazi marked P35 (Browning Hi-Power), Beretta model 1934 ..32acp, Ruger 10/22, Colt Gold Cup series 70.

And of course there were a few good cash deals too but I don't want to bore you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom