Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Fluid Film

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • Break Free CLP

Votes: 51 40.2%

• Total voters
Anyone use Eezox? They recommend it solely for the Seecamp. I’ve been thinking of using it on the Walther as it is all stainless also. Not recommended for aluminum parts. Hoppes doesn’t clean as well as this stuff. I use it with a q tip on the breach faces. Works well but they say not to mix petroleum products with it.

Anyone use Eezox? They recommend it solely for the Seecamp. I’ve been thinking of using it on the Walther as it is all stainless also. Not recommended for aluminum parts. Hoppes doesn’t clean as well as this stuff. I use it with a q tip on the breach faces. Works well but they say not to mix petroleum products with it.
Yes, I use it on guns, swords, tomahawks - anything metal. It’s really good at preventing corrosion and rust.

I’ve experimented with Hornady One-Shot dry lube but find it leaves while particles - those have caused failures for me. Maybe I’m using too much?

There are no CLP products that do it all well. You need separate bore cleaner and lube/rust preventer. For cleaner I like Hoppes and Eezox, but really Ed's Red is the best by far. Note that many "copper removing bore cleaners" contain ammonia which does great at removing copper but also corrodes steel, so you have to rinse out the barrel with something else right away - like within ten minutes - if you don't want to damage your barrel. My favorite dry lube/rust preventer is Hornady One-Shot. Oils are lighter than water and will float away from the steel if the firearm gets wet, thus removing your protection.

No CLP cleans better than a single purpose solvent. Afterwards, anyone else use TW25b on the rails and moving parts and CorrosionX on other metal surfaces? Thought it would be more popular.

The project farm video was pretty cool. I’ve never formalized my cleaning regimen, but have big bottles of Ballistoil and CLP and use both. It seems that I use Ballistoil on guns with wood -namely shotguns, and CLP on modern sporting rifles and pistols. Maybe Clenzoil is the best option? Who knows?

I tried ballistol and that odor man, smells like swamp ass.

I use eezox for cleaning, it’s solvent base. I use weapon shield or mil comm for oil & grease where I need to apply.

Sweets for copper removal.

What’s a good product for lead removal?

Hoppes to clean and store, then CLP for everything else (and to clean in a pinch). It’s hard to believe I’ve been “doing it right” for years, pretty unusual for me. 😂

I use M-Pro 7 in quart spray bottle to clean and Lubriplate grease and oil to lubricate.

In the late 90s I took a week long concealed carry course and the SIG academy. At the time they has us break down and clean the guns with Balistol at the end of every day. They said they would put them in a ultrasonic cleaner after a few tens of thousands of rounds, but otherwise that was the only cleaning they got.

I have a large aerosol can of Eezox and I find it to be a pain. You can’t get close to the bench to spray parts. I need to get one of the smaller cans and get away from spray.

I'm a big fan of this channel, project farm, on You tube. I know there are a number of other options out there, but the poll is really geared towards the video options.

Best CLP? Hoppe’s 9 vs Break Free CLP, Slip 2000, Ballistol, Frog Lube, Extreme Force, Clenzoil

what do you think of his findings?

Cleaner AND Lube is something of an oxymoron dont you think?

The properties that would lend a product to be a good solvent/cleaner are distinct/at odds with the properties of a LUBRICANT/Friction inhibitor.

As cleaner, sure.....but as a lube.....it doesnt have any lasting effect.

Want proof? Go out and do a press check on within first mag or two on your fave semi auto rifle

then try to do a press check on first round of a couple mags after 4-500 rounds.......

Then clean the gun and lube it with a high performance gun oil/lube and rinse/repeat and let us know if you notice a diff between the former and latter

If you cant tell the diff, please report the name of the shit lube you used so I can add it to the list of ones NOT to use

Mil-Comm brand is good, cleaner to clean, grease to lube moving parts, protector to protect the metal. The idea that you can mix 3 very different compounds and use them to do all these things at once is fiction.

Love his testing.

I’ll be sticking with Breakfree. Not as much lubricity as clenzoil, but it can handle the cold better.

And all of my tool guns are stainless steel and I don’t need to worry about corrosion as much. I’ll just have to pick a different lubricant for my historical collector pieces that mostly sit in my safe.

For cleaning the gun I use isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle from the Dollar store, then some motor oil synthetic.

I didn’t realize there was another kind😂😂👍🏻
Well, people claim that Breakfree and a number of others are CLP. I'm not so sure that it is the same formula. Just like my 40 yr old Hoppes #9 is not the same formula that is sold today. The mil-surp CLP I bought is at least 15 yrs old.

I use RemOil as a lubricant after cleaning. I don't rely on CLP to be a good lubricant.

This question really had no answer. I doubt there is one that’s really better than the other. I usually go with Hopps though
The video linked in the original post literally provided answers with objective measurements through a variety of testing. Though, there was no single CLP that claimed podium finishes in every test. It depends on what you favor in the trade spaces, but there were definitely some better than others.

Well, people claim that Breakfree and a number of others are CLP. I'm not so sure that it is the same formula. Just like my 40 yr old Hoppes #9 is not the same formula that is sold today. The mil-surp CLP I bought is at least 15 yrs old.

I use RemOil as a lubricant after cleaning. I don't rely on CLP to be a good lubricant.
I think "CLP" is simply a thing made to that mentioned standard. How it arrives there formula wise is probably not the same between products.

Back
Top Bottom