• Other

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • Break Free CLP

Votes: 51 40.2%

• Total voters

nightpoison

NES Member
Last edited:
Recently been using a Lucas no scent gun oil I found in my cabinet. Honestly not sure where it came from but so far it’s been great.

Best CLP? I don't know, but I'm a fan of Ballistol particularly with my milsurps. It's worked for me and I have no reason to change. I'm a fan of Break Free too but I haven't used it much since switching to Ballistol

I've been using Breakfree for decades, but if I can believe the tests, I might be switching. I hate corrosion. I mean I really, really hate it. According to their tests, Clenzoil was better for wear and much better for corrosion protection.

Slip 2k is pretty decent, i really like cherry balmz' grease stuff, works excellent with suppressors and doesnt get blown off, works great with mg's and in weird environments.

CLP should be banned.

I still have a number of small tins with the old (WWII vintage?) Mil-Surp gun cleaner. That stuff has quite a pungent odor to say the least.
Yeah, I used up my last ,Gov CLP like 8 years ago and have a gallon of the Safari CLP. It works fine, but smells... safer.

No love for the Mil-Comm MC2500 on the list. Used it for a long time no real issues. Switched to Slip2000 a few years back, good stuff no plans to go back.

CLP sucks. Didn't clean for squat when I had to use it in the Guard. The old RBC was much better for cleaning. Hoppes #9 still works for me. Qt. bottle that I refill a small one from. Usually a synthetic oil for lubing (currently Outers). For "odor-free" cleaning the Hoppes Elite is nice and seems to do a good job, but at 1/2 the price, I keep falling back on the #9.

CLP sucks. Didn't clean for squat when I had to use it in the Guard. The old RBC was much better for cleaning. Hoppes #9 still works for me. Qt. bottle that I refill a small one from. Usually a synthetic oil for lubing (currently Outers). For "odor-free" cleaning the Hoppes Elite is nice and seems to do a good job, but at 1/2 the price, I keep falling back on the #9.
Red's Bore Cleaner. Now that's a blast from the past...

Best CLP? I don't know, but I'm a fan of Ballistol particularly with my milsurps. It's worked for me and I have no reason to change. I'm a fan of Break Free too but I haven't used it much since switching to Ballistol
Same here. Used to use hoppes 9 on all my hunting irons and military clp on all my milsurps. Then someone talked me into trying balistol about a year ago and I've been recruited as a ballistol fan. Use it on all my guns. It breaks down carbon faster than either hoppes or clp. Just spray everything down and wipe the carbon away. Stays put as a rust protectant as well....by that I mean it is thick enough that it stays where you spray it....doesn't drip everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom