What's on your wish list?

AZMLII said:
... 6) A Pedersoli Tryon Rifle

Nice choice! Beats those damned in-line/loop-hole/smoke poles.
A Lyman .50 perc pistol (with belt hook added) would go well with that.

Hmmm...due to $$$ restrictions, I don't see any of these coming true anytime soon, but...

A 1911
A nice .25acp (Colt 1908 perhaps...Shot Weer'd's and liked it)
Beretta 391 12 gauge
AR 15
H&K MP5 f/a (now that I've shot one, I WANT one!)
Perhaps a Moisin Nagant as well

AZMLII said:
This is my wish list, given the constraints of living in Massachusetts:

1) An A.L.P., Class A L.T.C.
2) A pocket pistol and holster; either a S&W 442 or a Seecamp LWS32
3) Sending my Springfield Champion to Springfield for some much need work
4) Meprolight adjustable night sights for my Glock 21
5) A trip to Thunder Ranch
6) A Pedersoli Tryon Rifle
7) A Para Ordanance 1911 SSP
8) A Bushmaster A2 style 20in Rifle
9) A Remington Model 1100 Shotgun
10) A CZ 452 FS
11) A Beretta 92FS; or 90-Two when they become available
12) A Sig P239 in 9MM
Better wish for 2 of everything Hun, otherwise it's all going straight into my gun box... and I'll send you a postcard from Thunder Ranch [wink] [smile]

Having a husband who shoots is great!

SiameseRat said:
Better wish for 2 of everything Hun, otherwise it's all going straight into my gun box... and I'll send you a postcard from Thunder Ranch [wink] [smile]

Having a husband who shoots is great!

Don't forget, that works both ways, SR. My carry gun is actually my wife's.

Of course, I'm going to make some light 45 ACP loads for the 1911A1 and 1917, and see if she likes them, but she isn't keeping either of them, though I would build her a 1911A1 of her own.

Confining my list to firearms I have a reasonable chance of buying in MA...

1) VEPR

2) SKS

3) Ruger MK III (KMKIII678GC or KMKIII678H)

4) CMP Garand

5) Ruger GP 161

6) Barret M-107 (as if I could even begin to afford one... but, since they'll soon be banned it makes me want one even more).

7) Just about any rifle in 17 HMR.

8) Small frame 1911 (Para Ordnance or S&W).

Ray P said:
Nice choice! Beats those damned in-line/loop-hole/smoke poles.
A Lyman .50 perc pistol (with belt hook added) would go well with that.

Ray P, I saw a used deluxe model at Kittery Trading Post, last weekend, it was $450.00. I wanted it, but couldn't justify spending that much money on a black powder firearm, when I don't know if I would like black powder shooting. I have an interest in blackpowder shooting, but i've only put about 2 rounds through an inline blackpowder rifle. I need to get a friend at my club to take me out, so I can really see if I enjoy it.

Nickle said:
Don't forget, that works both ways, SR. My carry gun is actually my wife's.

Nickle, you don't know my wife. ;)

Last edited:
I don't need to really know her. I know the mindset, my wife is quite similar in some ways. There's a reason I bought her her own guns.

"What's mine is mine, and what's his is mine", is what comes to mind. Actually we share a lot of stuff, and I'd say I envy your choice, if I hadn't done pretty much the same thing.

They're both keepers, for sure.

Back on Subject, the actual Top Priority I have right now, equipment wise, is to get the reticle replaced in my AN/PVS-2. Yes, a real Starlite Scope.

Here's what they look like. I'm going to have to start taking pics of my own guns, soon.

dcp_2404.jpg

Nickle said:
I don't need to really know her. I know the mindset, my wife is quite similar in some ways. There's a reason I bought her her own guns.

"What's mine is mine, and what's his is mine", is what comes to mind. Actually we share a lot of stuff, and I'd say I envy your choice, if I hadn't done pretty much the same thing.

They're both keepers, for sure.

Nickle, In truth we share our toys. She just shoots more than me.

Jen is most definately a keeper.

MrsWildweasel said:
I was just going to say what is mine is mine and what's Glenn's is mine. [laugh] Actually my carry pistol was his at one time.[laugh]

MrsWildweasel, I've heard Jen use that line a few times. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks to all the people before me so I could say "oh yeah, and that".

S&W 1911 first and foremost
S&W airweight shrouded hammer
Sig Mosquito
Kimber 1911
AR-15 (maybe the new S&W?)
Garand
12 gauge shotgun to be named later. (mossberg, probably).
Model 70 Win in .308

MidKnight said:
Thanks to all the people before me so I could say "oh yeah, and that".

Model 70 Win in .308

Better buy one soon (if it's not already too late).

Winchesters New Haven plant will be closing for good any day now and only their high-end firearms will be prouduced by an overseas operation.

Long time favorites like the Model 94, 93 and Model 70 wil no longer be produced.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060327233009990001&cid=

AZMLII said:
... I have an interest in blackpowder shooting, but i've only put about 2 rounds through an inline blackpowder rifle...

I shouldn't slam the inlines; they do work nicely for what they're meant to do. You may want to check out an organized blackpowder shoot in your area. Most blackpowder shooters are very helpful to people interested in learning their way around the sport.

Lynne: as a MA-area CW re-inactor, you might know of blackpowder shoots down that way. Can you think of any? I thought Major Waldron's had a spring BP shoot, but I don't see anything listed. A forum search didn't show anything, either.

I am guilty of limiting my wishlist to cartridge guns; as that seems to be the focus of this forum. My blackpowder wish list is much better defined than my cartridge gun list.

1. A Swivelgun
2. A blunderbuss
3. Another Pietta Remington 1858 in high-polished stainless steel.
4. Paper Cartridge Sharps
5. Pennsylvania longrifle in .32 caliber
6. SxS shotgun in 12 gauge

Ray P said:
I am guilty of limiting my wishlist to cartridge guns; as that seems to be the focus of this forum. My blackpowder wish list is much better defined than my cartridge gun list.

1. A Swivelgun
2. A blunderbuss
3. Another Pietta Remington 1858 in high-polished stainless steel.
4. Paper Cartridge Sharps
5. Pennsylvania longrifle in .32 caliber
6. SxS shotgun in 12 gauge

I forgot the Uberti 1851 Navy. It should have been after the Tryon Rifle. And if I really liked b.p. pistol, a cool single shot, like a Mang ® in Gräz.

MrsWildweasel said:
I was just going to say what is mine is mine and what's Glenn's is mine. [laugh] Actually my carry pistol was his at one time.[laugh]

OK, so there IS an advantage to Kath not being a shooter - I don't have to share my toys. [laugh]

Oh. well. Maybe I'll have to share them some day.[grin]

dwarven1 said:
OK, so there IS an advantage to Kath not being a shooter - I don't have to share my toys. [laugh]

Oh. well. Maybe I'll have to share them some day.[grin]

Possibly with the next generation? That's how it worked out for me.

Actually, I should add a couple of guns to the list.

An AMT Automag II (the .22 WMR kind).

And...

A .44 Automag (I'll really need some $$$$ for that - I think they're up in the $2500 range!)

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Actually, I should add a couple of guns to the list.

An AMT Automag II (the .22 WMR kind).

And...

A .44 Automag (I'll really need some $$$$ for that - I think they're up in the $2500 range!)

Ross
I used to love the Automag II; at least the short one. The full-sized AMII has a little 'flair' at the bottom of the grip that makes for an uncomfortable grip for me. But the short one puts the flair between fingers, and it sits nicely in my hand. I'm still trying to remember why I sold the little thing.

I just crossed one item off it (alloy Commander sized 1911).

What's left makes a pretty short list:
3 inch stainless K frame (65, 66, 64, or 67 in order of preference).
Coach gun of some variety. I'm still kicking myself for not snapping up a nice one I spotted last month at CCG.
S&W 41 to replace my High Standard Victor.
An AR is on the list but far down. I still haven't figured out quite what I'd do with one.

I'd like a Centennial style .357 Airweight but I don't believe such a beastie exists. I don't think the relative delicacy (not to mention the cost) of an Airlight is worth the weight saved. On the other hand an all steel version is a bit heavy for a pocket. Alloy frame and stainless cylinder is "just right" for me.

Back
Top Bottom