What's next?

Come and take

NES Member
I wanted to start another thread regarding our due process.

First off without Goal, Comm 2A we would totally be in the shitter. Thank you guys for fighting and protecting our rights!

Goal thank you for a well organized rally this past weekend and other past events.

How we can get more exposure to the media? Lets organize a concert or fundraiser. Lets get the word out to WAAF, Howie Carr, Fox News and local news media outlets.

Lets try to get Ex Pat. Matt Light a pro gun believer who expressed his concern on Healey on WAAF .

Invite the elected officials who were in our camp. Local bands who believe in the constitution and due process.

We could rent out a venue or maybe get one donated to us.

This could be big. Slogan" Healey hurting Families". Concert or fundraiser .

In numbers we could reach out to news and radio outlets. All proceeds support... You pick the subject.

With some connections this could get the ball rolling. If I had all the connections I would make this happen.

In the meantime we need to educate others about Healeys decision. The due process and how she can do this to anyone, pick a subject.

Please keep up the fight! Donate and attend any agenda to protect our rights .

I hear a lot of bitching of what we should or not do. The question is what are you doing?

Last edited:
[h=2][/h]
This is also a great idea. I am down

Quote: from Marine-daughter

Just brainstorming...and of course that is difficult since I don't have one.
It is along the same vein of the blood donation idea that was considered before.

The Boston Heart Walk is coming up September 10th, it typically receives a decent amount of televised exposure. Could a quick team with a catchy name register and be mustered to walk on short notice? We have had some members deal with cardiovascular disease, so it could be in honor of them.

I know it isn't the fight a war with war type of actuon some have advocated for, trust me, I understand. I was just thinking of a quick impact opportunity- maybe even partner with the Pink Pistols? We would have a win/win situation of:
- helping others
- demonstrating that the 2A community is kind, human, and not evil
- helping our own community that has been or may be dealing with heart disease
- providing for low expense televised exposure
- accessing a large audience to educate regarding the 7/20 unilateral infringement on due process
- etc.

It is a family friendly event, and with multiple course lengths, perhaps doable for members of various physical capabilities.

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/faf/hom...ievent=1149299

Of course this is super short notice. Would be fantastic if those Tyranny shirts would be in so everyone could dress alike. Maybe rent a bus or coordinate car pools.

The American Heart Association is pleased to announce that Susan Hertzberg, president and chief executive officer of Boston Heart Diagnostics, will chair the 30th annual Boston Heart Walk on Saturday, Sept. 10, at the DCR Hatch Shell along the Charles River Esplanade.As chair of the Boston Heart Walk, Hertzberg is encouraging companies, organizations and residents throughout Greater Boston to support the American Heart Association in its mission of building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The event brings together more than 10,000 people and raises critical funds for life-saving heart disease and stroke research and education.

“Everyone knows someone who has been impacted by heart disease or stroke, whether it’s themselves, a friend or a family member,” Hertzberg said. “By participating in the Boston Heart Walk, we can increase public awareness of heart disease and stroke, and let the public know what a great resource the American Heart Association is, all while raising the funds needed to fight these devastating diseases.”
The Boston Heart Walk will be held rain or shine. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the walk kicks-off at 10:30 a.m. This year’s event will be emceed by WCVB NewsCenter 5 anchor Emily Riemer.

The Boston Heart Walk is the American Heart Association’s largest event in Greater Boston. It offers one, three, and six mile walk route options, as well as a brand new quarter-mile obstacle course for kids, called the “Kids Heart Challenge.”

The 2016 walk marks the 30th year that the Boston Heart Walk has served the Greater Boston community, bringing people together to celebrate cardiovascular health and raising funds for the lifesaving mission of the American Heart Association.

Hertzberg joined Boston Heart Diagnostics in July 2010 as president and CEO. Since that time, the company has grown from a promising laboratory start-up to a recognized leader in developing diagnostic tools that help healthcare providers and patients characterize disease, individualize treatments, and engage patients in their own heart health.

http://m.wcvb.com/health/saturday-se...-walk/40823782

This is also a great idea. I am down

Quote: from Marine-daughter

Just brainstorming...and of course that is difficult since I don't have one.
It is along the same vein of the blood donation idea that was considered before.

The Boston Heart Walk is coming up September 10th, it typically receives a decent amount of televised exposure. Could a quick team with a catchy name register and be mustered to walk on short notice? We have had some members deal with cardiovascular disease, so it could be in honor of them.

I know it isn't the fight a war with war type of actuon some have advocated for, trust me, I understand. I was just thinking of a quick impact opportunity- maybe even partner with the Pink Pistols? We would have a win/win situation of:
- helping others
- demonstrating that the 2A community is kind, human, and not evil
- helping our own community that has been or may be dealing with heart disease
- providing for low expense televised exposure
- accessing a large audience to educate regarding the 7/20 unilateral infringement on due process
- etc.

It is a family friendly event, and with multiple course lengths, perhaps doable for members of various physical capabilities.

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/faf/hom...ievent=1149299

Of course this is super short notice. Would be fantastic if those Tyranny shirts would be in so everyone could dress alike. Maybe rent a bus or coordinate car pools.

The American Heart Association is pleased to announce that Susan Hertzberg, president and chief executive officer of Boston Heart Diagnostics, will chair the 30th annual Boston Heart Walk on Saturday, Sept. 10, at the DCR Hatch Shell along the Charles River Esplanade.As chair of the Boston Heart Walk, Hertzberg is encouraging companies, organizations and residents throughout Greater Boston to support the American Heart Association in its mission of building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The event brings together more than 10,000 people and raises critical funds for life-saving heart disease and stroke research and education.

“Everyone knows someone who has been impacted by heart disease or stroke, whether it’s themselves, a friend or a family member,” Hertzberg said. “By participating in the Boston Heart Walk, we can increase public awareness of heart disease and stroke, and let the public know what a great resource the American Heart Association is, all while raising the funds needed to fight these devastating diseases.”
The Boston Heart Walk will be held rain or shine. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the walk kicks-off at 10:30 a.m. This year’s event will be emceed by WCVB NewsCenter 5 anchor Emily Riemer.

The Boston Heart Walk is the American Heart Association’s largest event in Greater Boston. It offers one, three, and six mile walk route options, as well as a brand new quarter-mile obstacle course for kids, called the “Kids Heart Challenge.”

The 2016 walk marks the 30th year that the Boston Heart Walk has served the Greater Boston community, bringing people together to celebrate cardiovascular health and raising funds for the lifesaving mission of the American Heart Association.

Hertzberg joined Boston Heart Diagnostics in July 2010 as president and CEO. Since that time, the company has grown from a promising laboratory start-up to a recognized leader in developing diagnostic tools that help healthcare providers and patients characterize disease, individualize treatments, and engage patients in their own heart health.

http://m.wcvb.com/health/saturday-se...-walk/40823782
Thanks Come and Take!

Just grasping at straws. I know all the hospitals in Boston create teams that compete with one another -who can raise the most money, then there are families that have been affected (children through the elderly), corporations that participate every year....we could get some much needed positive publicity, and perhaps demonstrate our diversity. The antis would choke to death if one of us were pushing a carriage/walking with kids. I just hate that the walk is so close...but even 5-10 people dressed alike? If we are careful with our name they cannot refuse our participation, I doubt they would refuse the money. The big news stations cover it, and with the expected 10k attendance we would have a captive audience. (I have never done it, and am not affiliated with it).

Also, the blood donation idea: Red Cross brings the supplies, you just provide the space. A minimum of a 20-30 committed donors is required. Hall space may be more sparse, as peak fall wedding season approaches- but with a decent lead time, I am sure we could pull it off. One of us must have connections at a K of C, Elks, VFW,...I can check on a potential space.

Continuing the brain-storming; don't spank the messenger.
There has been divided opinion here regarding bikes/Harleys- but IMHO coordinated rides and participation can be effective.
I have participated in charity rides, the donation buckets generously overflow, the participants have been careful and respectful of traffic.
Perhaps we have overlap with Patriot Guard riders to help gather a large group?
Establish ground rules/guidelines about conduct, so we mitigate negative press.
The backs of shirts are great advertising.
Call it something creative (just going off my head- PIPES for duePROCESS, IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU, or 'insert ideas here')- I am admittedly not very creative.
You may personally dislike loud pipes, but they get noticed, especially if part of the run is 'strategically located' to annoy the right audience. [wink]

My $.02: drop the silly "Maura Healey Hurts Families" rhetoric. It's dangerously close to being "think of the children." Rights are also not contingent upon having a family.

My $.02: drop the silly "Maura Healey Hurts Families" rhetoric. It's dangerously close to being "think of the children." Rights are also not contingent upon having a family.
Hurting families is exactly what she's done. It's important that this be part of the message. She has been trying to dehumanize the people she's threatening by casting the fight as against some faceless corporate-driven lobby only interested in profits while the poor people of her state suffer. That's bullshit and she knows it, but this is the message her people are putting out.

The fact is her threats affect local small businesses in huge disproportion, and individual citizens who are living under constant threat of being hauled into court on a felony charge.

I'd say that Healey Hurts Familes is a pretty apt description of the situation, without sounding like the sticks-in-the-hair crazy gun nuts the antis try to make us out to be.

"Maura Healey Hurts Massachusetts" is a far more effective slogan, IMO.

I like this. Using the argument that millions of taxpayer dollars will be used to pay for the coming lawsuits instead of for schools, roads, etc. We might get through to more people.
Labor Day parade will be rolling past my house Monday. Signs and Gadsden are going up and I hope to have the conversation with any one who is willing to talk with me.

Hurting families is exactly what she's done. It's important that this be part of the message. She has been trying to dehumanize the people she's threatening by casting the fight as against some faceless corporate-driven lobby only interested in profits while the poor people of her state suffer. That's bullshit and she knows it, but this is the message her people are putting out.

The fact is her threats affect local small businesses in huge disproportion, and individual citizens who are living under constant threat of being hauled into court on a felony charge.

I'd say that Healey Hurts Familes is a pretty apt description of the situation, without sounding like the sticks-in-the-hair crazy gun nuts the antis try to make us out to be.

That's exactly what's she's trying to do.
Pretending she's going after corporations, when what she's doing is going after people.
Dehumanizing a group of people in order to oppress them has been done before.
It ended poorly.

Last edited:

I agree.

She wants to put fear into the people and local family gun stores. Local owners are walking on eggshells because of her new tyranny agenda.

The fear is what she wants to spell on all of us. There is a reason why she will not clarify her agenda. The more she sits back and keeps quiet the more she thinks this will take time to reach the courts.

I pay taxes, have a family and never committed a crime. I am now a felon because her liberal puppet show.

Thanks Come and Take!
Also, the blood donation idea: Red Cross brings the supplies, you just provide the space. A minimum of a 20-30 committed donors is required. Hall space may be more sparse, as peak fall wedding season approaches- but with a decent lead time, I am sure we could pull it off. One of us must have connections at a K of C, Elks, VFW,...I can check on a potential space.

Due Process Blood Drive
...NES and Goal would fill the hall! Let's do it.

(Your friends, family and neighbors are the gun lobby....)

Due Process Blood Drive
...NES and Goal would fill the hall! Let's do it.

(Your friends, family and neighbors are the gun lobby....)

Nope. Wait for some other group to have an event, and then just take it over!

You know, the type of walk or blood drive, where there are competing "teams"?

Get everyone to sign up on our side, and you'll REALLY get some attention that way.

The Worcester T&G has a "Gazette Santa" thing for donations. Wouldn't it be a hoot if NES, or "MA FAMILIES AGAINST AG HEALEY", or some other group, were at the top of the listings for the entire season!

Nope. Wait for some other group to have an event, and then just take it over!

You know, the type of walk or blood drive, where there are competing "teams"?

Get everyone to sign up on our side, and you'll REALLY get some attention that way.

The Worcester T&G has a "Gazette Santa" thing for donations. Wouldn't it be a hoot if NES, or "MA FAMILIES AGAINST AG HEALEY", or some other group, were at the top of the listings for the entire season!

"Taking over" an event could be productive, but it's something that 1) needs to be planned and coordinated, and 2) needs to be targeted properly to avoid collateral annoyance. If we kill off the goodwill of the host or the spirit of the event, it's going to be received badly and reflect poorly upon everyone.

GOAL's restrictive messaging on this last one was seriously needed - Think about how much damage one ******* could do to the public image. Now think about the fact that the AG's office (supposedly) has paid, green members here.

(Now...Think about what a small number of coordinated, smart, patient gun rights guys could do to the public image of a grandstanding politician, Moms Demand, or similar groups.)

Back
Top Bottom