• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's large capacity ammunition?

How can MIT have a gun range when carrying any firearm on a school property is illegal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There are exceptions noted in the campus policy, such as for police officers and activities of recognized student clubs. Exceptions are approved by the MIT Chief of Police.

How can MIT have a gun range when carrying any firearm on a school property is illegal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There is a written permission exemption to the prohibition imposed by the statute.

It is only illegal without permission from the school apparatachiks.

MIT does grant written permission for pistol team members to bring personal pistols onto campus and for guest instructors. I remember seeing an invite letter 20+ years ago and it was quite explicit that the permission was for unloaded cased transport to the range only, and did not allow defensive carry.

Similarly, when John Silber was BU president, he granted himself permission to carry his S&W (I think it was a model 15, not sure) on campus. I'm not sure if he ever got it back after sending it to Frank Behlert for a trigger job.

Last edited:
How many times do you hear supposed gun people say clip when they mean
magazine? You really expect accuracy from antis?

It is sad that reporters report on subjects that they are completely unfamiliar with.

That covers most of the things they report on.
Most of us just happen to have a more in depth knowledge of this subject so we pick up on it.
Some of it is deliberate when it comes to firearms and some of it is just ignorance combined with laziness .
I've known a few reporters and media people.
Not a small number of them are doing it because no one that expects legitimate work to be done for a paycheck would hire them.

Has anyone seen pictures of what was recovered? Its weird we had hourly updates for the crazy pp guy with 83 guns but not a peep for this guy who was in senior housing on campus (18+)

I was just funnin' when I made this thread.

I imagine he was charged with "possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device," aka a magazine that holds more than ten rounds.

I know commas aren't the right way to do this, but it may help.

A) It was a "large capacity ammunition, feeding device"
vs
B) It was a "large capacity device."

I think the writer didn't know to what "large capacity" was describing (the ammunition, or the device).

Regardless, I just thought it was funny, and yet another example of people writing stuff about that which they have little or no understanding.

I was just funnin' when I made this thread.

I imagine he was charged with "possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device," aka a magazine that holds more than ten rounds.

I know commas aren't the right way to do this, but it may help.

A) It was a "large capacity ammunition, feeding device"
vs
B) It was a "large capacity device."

I think the writer didn't know to what "large capacity" was describing (the ammunition, or the device).

Regardless, I just thought it was funny, and yet another example of people writing stuff about that which they have little or no understanding.

WBZ didn't understand the comma. They've said "large capacity ammunition" on the radio at least two dozen times that I've heard, and I only tune in for traffic once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom