• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats in your range bag

I keep a bag in my car at all times with the following in it: sighting scope, rest bags, MUT multi tool, hearing pro, targets, gloves, staple gun, staples screws and sometimes a screw gun. everything else that I bring is gun specific each time I go.

Electronic ear muffs, push in ear plugs for guests, multi tool, small cleaning kit for multiple calibres, medkit, targets of different sizes including paper plates. Spare batteries, screwdriver, range membership card, keys to different ranges and doors/gates. Dump pouch, pouch for picking up spent brass, water bottle, staple gun.

Depending on what I'm shooting that day, it will change a little with ammo, specialty tools for making adjustments, spotting scope. All that fits into my 5.11 range bag which is about 24" long, 10" high and 18" wide.

Last edited:
Cleaning kit,
Multi Tool,
Small Plastic Bags,
Handy Wipes,
Extra Ear Plugs,
Extra Safety Glasses,
Pen,
Pencil,
Sharpie,
High Lighter Marker,
First Aid Kit,
Mini WD40,
Extra Gun Lock,
Tape,
Small Staple Gun w/ staples,
Uplula Pistol Magazine Loader,
and Gun Oil

[smile]

Last edited:
Eye and ear pro, multi tool. AR sight tool. Save-a-day kit (springs, pins etc). Punch kit, staple gun/staples, patches & CLP, first aid kit, mags and mag loaders, brass bag, hat, pen/pencil, optics pen.

frog lube and fireclean

so much random shit. i need to clean it out, but i never will

I'll try to just mention things not yet listed. Brass or wooden squib rod. USPSA scoring overlay and rule book. Timer and spare batteries.

I am currently sitting in an introduction to USPSA class at the Hopkinton Sportsmen's club and this is one of the things I cover for the students.
Let's just say it is WAY too much. 20160312_113124.jpg

Last edited:
usual stuff....ear foamies, gloves, wood dowel, shooting glasses, small gunsmith screwdriver kit, small brass hammer, bag for brass, large swiss army knife, cloth for wipe downs, moist towelettes. I always keep a few extra mags for my carry gun as well as a box of ammo for it in there, just to put a few rounds thru it on each range visit.

I keep a soft briefcase type bag always in the truck with targets, stapler and extra staples.

Eye pro with case
Ear pro

Ear plugs to double up with
Mag loader
Spare mags and ammo.
Targets
Pens, pencils, and tape
Spare ammo as applicable
My AR lower

eye pro
guest eye pro

ear pro
guest ear pro

brass rod
mag loader

small dust pan and brush

zip lock bags

staple gun
binder clips
targers

small tool set

I guess I should add a multi tool to mine.

Eyes, ears, guest eyes guest ears, mag loader, targets, range card, leatherman, and flashlight.

Ears. Eyes. Maglula. Targets & spare dots. Staple gun. Staples. Ziplock bags for brass. Plastic shopping bag for trash (range has "carry in/out yourself" policy). Ammo for the guns I'm bringing that day. Magazines. Pen & notepad. CLP. Multitool. Allen wrenches. Lens wipes.

Last edited:
The usual small tool kit eyes ears STAPLER and staples (the club one is Always broken or missing so need my own). Remoil. Right now a shit ton of empty brass....reminds me i need to clean that out!

Paper targets
Stapler
Extra staples
Band aids
Marker and pen
Brass rod for squibs
Small screwdriver and penny to adjust sights
Masking tape
Paper towels
Dummy rounds
Mags
Ear plugs

In the car I have more ear pro, shooting gloves, bag for shotgun shells, multitool, etc.

Found this list when I 1st got into shooting. I don't bring all this, just posting to help you decide what you may or may not need.
Ammo
Bipod
Bore Brushes, Mops, Jags
Boresnakes
Bottled Water
Brass bag
Chamber flags
Choke Tubes w/ wrench
Cleaning brush
Cleaning Patches
Cleaning Rag
Cleaning rod
Cleaning Solvent
Duct Tape
Firearms
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Gloves, Mechanix or Nomex Flight Pilot's
Gloves, Nitrile for cleaning etc
Gun oil
Hand Sanitizer/Baby Wipes
Hat
Hearing Protection, Disposable
Hearing Protection, Earmuffs
Keys, Codes and FOBs
Lens brush
Lens hoods
Lens wipes
Locks
Mag loaders
Magazines
Masking tape
Membership Card
Multi-tool
Notepad
Pen/Pencil
Pistol Rugs
Range Bag
Razor knife for cardboard targets
Recoil pad, slip on
Rem-oil Spray
Sandbag rifle rests
Sharpie Markers
Shoot 'n See targets
Shooter's Glasses (clear and amber)
Shot timer
Silicone Gun Cloth
Snacks/Candy/Jerky
Snap caps
Spotting scope
Squib rod, Wooden Dowel, Aluminum or Brass Rod
Stapler and package of extra staples
Stick on red target dots
Targets
Tool kit
Towel
Ziploc bags

Arrow T50X that DOESN'T FARKING WORK!
How hard is it to design a stapler that actually retracts the anvil far enough to pick up a staple and drive it?
A little bonus tolerance? Apparently not.

Among all of the other random useful and semi-useful stuff, I can usually find at least a round or two in calibers I don't own. Never quite sure where it comes from. Found a spare key to a truck I haven't owned in 5 years last time I cleaned it out.

Among all of the other random useful and semi-useful stuff, I can usually find at least a round or two in calibers I don't own. Never quite sure where it comes from. Found a spare key to a truck I haven't owned in 5 years last time I cleaned it out.

I thought I was the only one! I brought a 25acp round to a NES meetup for the express purpose of giving it away. It showed up in my bag one day, I assume that a member at my club thought it was mine and tossed it into the bag.

Ammo, spare mags, ears X2, ear plugs, extra eyes, targets, stapler, staples, zip locks, first aid kit, tourniquet, screwdriver, leatherman, baby wipes, cleaning supplies.

I used to keep alot of stuff in my range box (Fat 50 Ammo Can,) but I've trimmed it down to whatever guns and ammo I am using, a pocket knife, small flashlight, first aid kit, ears and eyes. I found myself not needing all the other stuff.

magazines
stapler/staples
gloves
headphones
backup ear plugs
safety glasses for the rare time I use them (I wear sunglasses 90% of the time safety nazis)
range membership card/ gate card
batteries for my aimpoint and headphones
binoculars
lube
small quick clot in case of emergency

Back
Top Bottom