• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats in your range bag

Ear muffs, foam ear plugs, clear safety glasses, sunglasses type safety glasses, two paddle holsters (one for my P226, one for my G19/G17), belt conversion kits for the two paddle holsters, lots of black and red pasters for my Shoot n See type targets, small LED flashlight, small Victorinox SAK, large cheap @$$ NRA SAK (not knocking the NRA, just don't appreciate the cheap Made in China stuff they always send me when I give them money!), several cable locks that I got when purchasing new pistols (have no use for them since I have a case with padlocks for my pistols, but for some reason I keep them in my range bag, probably because I have nowhere else to put them I guess), membership card to WPRC, a bar of Dial soap in a plastic travel case (go ahead and flame me, but the hand soap at WPRC must be industrial strength, it absolutely destroys my hands; cleans by dissolving your skin), nitrile gloves (now you can really flame me because yes, sometimes I wear nitrile gloves when cleaning up my brass), a pen, a Post It note that I jotted some reminders on (grip, stance, breathing, trigger press, etc.), and some rags. My range bag will also have ammo and bore snakes for whatever I am shooting that day. One thing I really need to get is a LPK for my ARs.

I have a separate first aid kit, it is this: http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-inc...8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Alpine+ridge+first+aid+kit

I added a QuickClot bandage, an Israeli compression bandage, and a CAT.

In the hatchback of my car I keep a bunch of targets (I shoot these most of the time: ,http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Silhouet...457836567&sr=8-5&keywords=silhouettes+targets), a box of clay targets, a Caldwell shooting bag, and a bunch of clothespins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Gun Range membership card & FOB
• GOAL membership card
• Flashlight & extra batteries
• First-aid kit
• Compass with thermometer carabineer
• Hard gun cases
• Safety glasses
• Plastic bag for used bass
• Towel for cleaning
• Cleaning kit & gun oil
• Staple gun
• Gloves
• Cardboard hangers
• Earmuffs
• Clothespins
• Ammo
• Speed loader
• Magazines
• Binoculars
• Tape
• Foam ear plugs
• Tacks
• Paper targets
• Utility knife (box cutter)
• Pocket knife (multi-tool)
• Pen & pencil
• Yellow sticky pad

Range bag contents:

Eyes and ears for me plus spares for guests/family
Ammo for the day
spare magazines for the day
cleaning rod in case of squibs/stuck cases/etc
writing utensil for marking targets
stapler and extra staples (I took these out recently as I shoot at an indoor range with hanging targets)
First aid kit (bandaids plus a bloodstopper kit)
Magloader (uplula/similar)
chamber flags
gun lubricant
bore snake and cleaning fluid

I currently shoot at only indoor ranges or I would also have binoculars for distance targets

Doesn't necessarily all fit in the bag, but on a typical range day:

Copies of form 1's and 4's
Ammo and mags
Metric/Standard Hex and Torx wrenches
channel locks
tactical oven mitt (for suppressors)
Foam plugs and e-muffs, shooting glasses
small cleaning kit (bore solvent, oil, patches, jags, cleaning rod)
Sharpie
Staple gun and staples
Targets
Mini level
Spotting scope and tripod
front/rear bags
Shooting mat
Opr8r gloves (Mechanix)
Bags/bucket for brass

5.11 Range Ready Bag...

About a dozen pistol magazines,
A few speed loaders,
Staple gun and staples,
Black pasties,
Cleaning supplies,
Shooting glasses,
Allen wrench set, precision screwdriver set, and a multitool,
Loc-tite and bore laser,
Utility knife,
Assorted batteries,
Muffs and gloves,
Spent brass bag,
More cleaning supplies,
Small targets,
First aid kit,
4 handguns.

5.11 Range Ready Bag...

About a dozen pistol magazines,
A few speed loaders,
Staple gun and staples,
Black pasties,
Cleaning supplies,
Shooting glasses,
Allen wrench set, precision screwdriver set, and a multitool,
Loc-tite and bore laser,
Utility knife,
Assorted batteries,
Muffs and gloves,
Spent brass bag,
More cleaning supplies,
Small targets,
First aid kit,
4 handguns.

That is a big bag amigo.

The bag: Vertex A-Range bag. (got a fantastic deal on this bag)

Top Left poket: Stripper lula and Up-Lula mag loaders and spare ear-pro
Top right pocket: CLP, glock tool set

Left pouch: 9mm ammo
right pouch: 12GA ammo or other caliber for the day
The velcroed Maxpedition pouch contains: Stand issue tourniquet, israeli bange and I will be adding some quick clot soon.

Last edited:
I only see a few mentioned references to range rods for clearing squibs/ freeing up dudded and stuck rounds.
If your shooting reloads, sooner or later your going to need a range rod. I keep a pair of 6" brass rods in each of my three range bags.

Couple of other oddball things I'll carry.
3-4 empty quart sized ziplock bags for sorting brass at the range.
8-10 roofing nails for attaching targets to my backstop ( if stapler dies)
UF sharpie for marking targets and taking notes
notepad for recording range results in gun /ammo tests.
small bottle of CLP lube

Probably way more stuff than I'll ever need, Staple gun and staples, target dots, duct tape, black sharpie for marking targets, ears and eyes, and extra ears plugs for them that forgot theirs', white towels and some Hoppes #9, parts of several cleaning kits, some Rem oil wipes, blue nitrile gloves, q tips, small mag lite, sharp folding knife, set of allen wrenches, a couple of screw drivers and a pair pliers, My lightning loader and a few 10 rd mags for my S&W 15-22. My Club ID badge and assorted licenses and such in a plastic bag . Possibly a lot more too I haven't seen the bottom of the bag in a while. All this in a 15" OD Green canvas bag. Then there's an ammo can, and a first aid bag that stays in the truck all the time.

Screwdrivers (reg and Phillips) small vise grips, targets, staple gun (usually jammed) staples, (may or may not fit) duct tape, electrical tape, nitrile gloves, cleansing wipes, his and hers earmuffs, sunglasses, wd-40. Seems like there's more-bag is full. Its a medium size tool bag from Harbor Freight. Never thought of a first aid kit, though I keep one in the car.

I recently saw a club member start packing a high quality dust mask in his bag! After our last indoor pin shoot he put it on to sweep the range. I asked him about it and he said his previously had elevated lead levels. He shoots ALOT and it was recommended he wear a mask whenever sweeping up at the range.......lead dust can settle I guess and sweeping puts the dust back into the air. I have never had my levels tested but probably not a bad idea to wear a mask when sweeping.............I may pick one up.

Cleaning out my range bag, more often than not, makes me feel like a kid that just got a visit from the tooth fairy. Last time I found a spare key to a vehicle I haven't owned in years, this time I found a really good marlinespike knife that I thought was lost forever. And three rounds of .357.

I don't own a .357.

Back
Top Bottom