• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's a nice, lots-to-see gun store around Natick mall other than MFS to kill 4 hrs

haha, don't sound too excited about your woman's shopping expedition. LOL

Actually, it's my daughter and her friends who I need to drop there, not my wife [grin]. When she goes shopping I usually stay home altogether [smile]

You have four hours correct? Why not hit up a few shops. Head up 128 (95) to Stoneham stop in at Collectors Gallery. Start heading back to Natick drop into Four Seasons, I'm not sure whos next heading that way but four hours is alot of time to kill with just one store. (for me at least)

B&K Sales on Washington Street, Natick, and GFA on Summer Street, Natick.

Both of them usually have ammo too (even the mythical 9mm that we have all heard about, but few have seen for thousands of years!)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. They all close no later than 4. Sucks, but I am looking at the bright side - I don't spend money [laugh]

Why would you go into a store to kill 4 hours with no money? I'd throw you out of my business if you came in saying you didn't plan on buying anything but wanted to waste my space for that long. Why don't you just walk around in circles in the mall and leave the gun shops for people who buy stuff?

Seriously...it's probably because of people like you that most gun shop owners have an attitude.

Why would you go into a store to kill 4 hours with no money? I'd throw you out of my business if you came in saying you didn't plan on buying anything but wanted to waste my space for that long. Why don't you just walk around in circles in the mall and leave the gun shops for people who buy stuff?

Seriously...it's probably because of people like you that most gun shop owners have an attitude.

He didn't say he doesn't have money, he said since they all close early that he won't be spending any money.....

You never go into a store to just look around?!

Really, dude? [rolleyes]

Today's tire kicker may be tomorrow's buyer. And if you act like a jerk that way, the fellow that you just treated like crap will come to a place like NES and tell thousands of people how you treated him.

Why would you go into a store to kill 4 hours with no money? I'd throw you out of my business if you came in saying you didn't plan on buying anything but wanted to waste my space for that long. Why don't you just walk around in circles in the mall and leave the gun shops for people who buy stuff? Seriously...it's probably because of people like you that most gun shop owners have an attitude.

Kindly remind me to never go into any retail establishment you may or might own. I am a lookey loo but I also buy stuff. I once spent well over an hour at the old Lew Horton's in Framingham before finally deciding to purchase a Ruger 10/22.

Sorry bub, but as long as I am doing nothing to hurt your business, driving away customers or monopolizing your time, I should be able to look to my hearts content. I suppose that you reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, but ask me to leave and I will never return, plus I'll tell all my friends about my negative experience and make sure it gets posted to the Internet as well. Who wins in the long run?

With your attitude you'd best stay out of retailing or customer service type jobs. Not everyone is cut out for that kind of work. If you want an example of friendly staff, go to Blue Northern in Ayer. I go in and look, but I also have bought a fair amount of merchandise over the years. Cultivating a clientele is a major part of retailing. Sure there are jerks, but that comes with the territory.

You know that thing you are never supposed to do ?

Well,you just did it.

Thanks guys. They all close no later than 4. Sucks, but I am looking at the bright side - I don't spend money [laugh]

A really good one? Dicks sporting goods, right across rt 9 from the mall.

At the mall, park in the garage under the new section (under nordstrom). Plenty of parking, much easier than the front rt 9 area.

If you workout, there is a very good golds gym right across speen street.

Last edited:
Kindly remind me to never go into any retail establishment you may or might own. I am a lookey loo but I also buy stuff. I once spent well over an hour at the old Lew Horton's in Framingham before finally deciding to purchase a Ruger 10/22.
An HOUR? I can easily spend an hour looking at the stuff hanging on the walls in the smallest of shops. Before dropping a thou on something, if I haven't made up my mind yet it's gonna take some time looking it over, mulling it over, comparing it with other products, doing a gut check on what I'm buying and so forth. I almost never wind up with "Buyer's Remorse".

Unless I'm looking for expendables like ammo or targets or something. Then it's in and out. But something I'm gonna live with gets the once over pretty damn good, and I'm sure Wifey wishes she did the same.
A really good one? Dicks sporting goods, right across rt 9 from the mall.

At the mall, park in the garage under the new section (under nordstrom). Plenty of parking, much easier than the front rt 9 area.

If you workout, there is a very good golds gym right across speen street.
Dick's is good if you want to beg to see locked up guns, be treated like an inconvenience by people who have no idea what they're handing to you. I can't begin to tell you how poor my (and Wifey's) experiences have been at all Dick's especially the one in(?) Sherwood Plaza in Natick but the camo stuff and cheap safes are nice to look at.

An HOUR? I can easily spend an hour looking at the stuff hanging on the walls in the smallest of shops. Before dropping a thou on something, if I haven't made up my mind yet it's gonna take some time looking it over, mulling it over, comparing it with other products, doing a gut check on what I'm buying and so forth. I almost never wind up with "Buyer's Remorse".

Unless I'm looking for expendables like ammo or targets or something. Then it's in and out. But something I'm gonna live with gets the once over pretty damn good, and I'm sure Wifey wishes she did the same.
Dick's is good if you want to beg to see locked up guns, be treated like an inconvenience by people who have no idea what they're handing to you. I can't begin to tell you how poor my (and Wifey's) experiences have been at all Dick's especially the one in(?) Sherwood Plaza in Natick but the camo stuff and cheap safes are nice to look at.

I know, I was just joking. There really are not many close by outside of MFS, Holliston Firearms and the two downtown, B&K and the other.

I also think Dicks is a good idea. Close by. Large store - more than just some locked up rifles and shot guns - lots of hunting and shooting and general outdoor accessories. Two floors with sports stuff downstairs. It is in a strip mall with a few other shops (food) close by. And if you can't find something to do on route 9 for a couple hours - well - you need more than you are going to get from some suggestions from a discussion board....

First defense is out in Uxbridge, maybe 50-60 min each way from Natick. Just head up to rt 16 and follow it west until it ends... problem is they close at 2 on Sat.

Wow, it must be your time of the month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

every gun i ever bought i wandered around and though about it. not just the money factor but also if it was what i really wanted. I would then either buy it or not. but 90% of the time i would buy it.

anyway back on track. i think you are out of luck as most close early. dicks or nothing. good luck.

EDIT i missed the MFS part. GO THERE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom