• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would you take for weapons ?

In that case all you will need is a board with a nail in it.

"Listen up you primative screw heads, this is my boom stick..."

Are we sure that the folks on these other planets will allow weapons? What if they're more enlightened/progressive?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

That was my first thought hense the reference to D-FENS!!

I know it but never saw it. As an M-60 gunner back in olden times, I know what it's like to hump 50 lbs of gear, a 23 lb gun(w/spare barrel &parts) and a 40 lb can of ammo. I was the reason we had a Peacekeeper.

As much as I encourage war gaming and preparedness, I thnk the prepper sites do no one any favors when they don't call BS on a guy who is clearly carrying more than any normal human could reasonably lift.

I know it but never saw it. As an M-60 gunner back in olden times, I know what it's like to hump 50 lbs of gear, a 23 lb gun(w/spare barrel &parts) and a 40 lb can of ammo. I was the reason we had a Peacekeeper.

As much as I encourage war gaming and preparedness, I thnk the prepper sites do no one any favors when they don't call BS on a guy who is clearly carrying more than any normal human could reasonably lift.
Very true - tactical wheel barrow, but one spare pistol mag and only 6 rifle mags? All that fits in my smallest purse... [laugh]

Fun topic.

Primary - AK Variant setup the way I like it
Sidearm - FNX 9
Blade - Dwaine Carrillo Airkat Apache 12 Spearpoint
Backup - Dwaine Carillo Scout 5 Spearpoint

Here's a question for you physics geeks.

How far would a .223 fired up at 45 degrees travel on the moon? You would assume 0 atmospheric drag and a gravity of 16.7% of the Earth's.

Here is my quick and dirty guess. Well, escape velocity for the moon is something like 2k m/s, and a .223 goes something like 1 km/s (muzzle vel.). With no Atmo to slow it down, its going to keep going that speed too. The moon is about 10,000 km around, and I'm thinking you're .223 is going to make it about 45% of the way around (based on % of escape velocity) before impacting the surface, so I'm going to say about 4,500 KM.... I think that firmly puts you in the record books if you manage to hit you're target lol.

Here is my quick and dirty guess. Well, escape velocity for the moon is something like 2k m/s, and a .223 goes something like 1 km/s (muzzle vel.). With no Atmo to slow it down, its going to keep going that speed too. The moon is about 10,000 km around, and I'm thinking you're .223 is going to make it about 45% of the way around (based on % of escape velocity) before impacting the surface, so I'm going to say about 4,500 KM.... I think that firmly puts you in the record books if you manage to hit you're target lol.

Hard to mind your backstop.

I'm thinking smaller/lighter projectiles might do the trick... expecially since we really just need to pierce the spacesuit. So, buy a shotgun! Buy an shotgun! The Judge

For aliens, you gotta go with a 357. Your g17 9mm or any other caliber besides the .357 just wont cut it.

So:

G31
Versamax Tactical with an XRAIL 22 round magazine full of slugs.

AR-10 with a 1-6X24 scope, and red dot on 45 degree offset sights

All sorts of mags

Here's a question for you physics geeks.

How far would a .223 fired up at 45 degrees travel on the moon? You would assume 0 atmospheric drag and a gravity of 16.7% of the Earth's.

Well, let's submit that as an experiment when the Chinese send a manned mission in a few years. We can petition them at TienamenSquare.gov.ch to bring an AR and and AK with them and fire off a couple of tracer rounds from each. Gotta do something productive with all that cash we send them to make our electronics.

Well if it's a Stargate situation then let's go with the PS90 (with full power ammo) and a 5seven sidearm.

Posted from my car phone.

A-10 warthog with a full combat load of DU shells for the nose gun

You only have 11 hard points to depend on after your 30mm DU rounds run dry after about 18 seconds of firing. [rofl2] 3900 rounds per minute, 1174 round payload... Hope you have a LOT on those hard points, or a well stocked resupply point picked out. Just remember, your max weight load (on the hard points) is 16,000# (8 ton)...

I know, I'm injecting some reality into this fantasy... Deal with it. [rofl2]

c) Chainsaw

iqNktGp.jpg

The Dude wins.

For a trade if she's a hottie I'm gonna say ......better not don't want to get banned this early in the game

Lets have a little fun . What would you take for a guns ? You have a base camp / resupply available .

So what would you guys take ?

A-10 warthog with a full combat load of DU shells for the nose gun

You only have 11 hard points to depend on after your 30mm DU rounds run dry after about 18 seconds of firing. [rofl2] 3900 rounds per minute, 1174 round payload... Hope you have a LOT on those hard points, or a well stocked resupply point picked out. Just remember, your max weight load (on the hard points) is 16,000# (8 ton)...

I know, I'm injecting some reality into this fantasy... Deal with it. [rofl2]

It says base camp/resupply available. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom