• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would you take for weapons ?

Lets have a little fun . For the sake of argument you get to go on a trip to a different planet ( Yes I am a nerd ) via Stargate , Star Ship whatever . What would you take for a guns ? You have a base camp / resupply available . After 40 years of watching sci-fi my son and I decided we would load out with the following

MBR - SCAR-H and 6 extra mags

shotty- Rem 870 21" bbl with ghost ring sight , extended mag tube and loaded with slugs . with extra ammo in shell holders on are plate carrier.

sidearm - Glock 17 & 1 extra mag

And last but not least a K-Bar

So what would you guys take ?

Depends, if the planet is half the size of earth you might as well double your load out. If it's bigger then earth you may have to carry less.

love it!

MBR: M1A scout with Leupold Mk8 1.1-8x (7 mags; 4, 20rnd 168grn HPBT match, 3 20rnd black tip Tungsten Core), PEQ-15, Scout taclight

Secondary: Christensen Arms 338 LM custom sniper rifle with Carbon Wrapped barrel and suppressor. Because heavy stuff sucks and money is not a problem (lots and lots of ammo!)

Sidearm: Custom 1911 (pick your manufacturer) 4 mags of killy bullets

and go "the Patriot" with Gerber Mk II and a cold steel Trenchhawk

Thermobaric hand grenades (because it's scifi)

I'm taking a few NES friends in a IWB holster. Should be enough.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

You've really got to know your target and what is beyond it....a simple 22 could travel hundreds of thousands of miles without gravity or an atmosphere to halt its flight....

MBR: Rail gun with full sensors package and fusion power pack.
Secondary: 300 Blackout pistol (or SBR), with suppressor and mix of loads from 110gr through 240gr including AP. Carry a minimum of 5 30 (or 40) round mags.
Sidearm: High capacity 1911 in 45 ACP (my modified Para P14 would do) with at least 4 spare magazines (mix between ball and HP ammo).
Blade: SOG Seal Team Elite
Secondary blade: Machete (always carry more than one blade)

Since there's a base camp with resupply and such, I'd want everything else I can think of to be there. Then just load up depending on what the mission of the day is.

BTW, I've seen a ~1/4" thick aluminum plate laugh at 00 buck from a 12g shotty. We didn't shoot slugs at the plate, so not sure how those would perform. But a shotty would only be good against unarmored opponents (natural or manufactured armor). That same plate was punched real well with both 5.56/.223 and 300 Blackout (147gr) rounds. Distance for all that was in the 10-20' range.

- - - Updated - - -

Be like Kirk and make black powder from the elements you find on the surface... Oh and kick that lizard's ass!

No, be sure to bring enough 'red shirts' along to flush out the enemy. Then call in an orbital strike. [rofl2]

MBR: Rail gun with full sensors package and fusion power pack.
Secondary: 300 Blackout pistol (or SBR), with suppressor and mix of loads from 110gr through 240gr including AP. Carry a minimum of 5 30 (or 40) round mags.
Sidearm: High capacity 1911 in 45 ACP (my modified Para P14 would do) with at least 4 spare magazines (mix between ball and HP ammo).
Blade: SOG Seal Team Elite
Secondary blade: Machete (always carry more than one blade)

Since there's a base camp with resupply and such, I'd want everything else I can think of to be there. Then just load up depending on what the mission of the day is.

BTW, I've seen a ~1/4" thick aluminum plate laugh at 00 buck from a 12g shotty. We didn't shoot slugs at the plate, so not sure how those would perform. But a shotty would only be good against unarmored opponents (natural or manufactured armor). That same plate was punched real well with both 5.56/.223 and 300 Blackout (147gr) rounds. Distance for all that was in the 10-20' range.

- - - Updated - - -

No, be sure to bring enough 'red shirts' along to flush out the enemy. Then call in an orbital strike. [rofl2]
Total game players...

210c1cc2c7f6766b8085a234fb1ba2b578b8b82c_m.jpg

While we are being geeks. Remember that if there is a thin atmosphere and less gravity, a .223 could have a range of several miles.

But then again, a .50 BMG would only weigh a few pounds. Son in general, less gravity and a thin atmosphere reduce the need for a big rifle, but make it easier to carry one if thats what you want.

Here's a question for you physics geeks.

How far would a .223 fired up at 45 degrees travel on the moon? You would assume 0 atmospheric drag and a gravity of 16.7% of the Earth's.

The planets atmosphere and gravity same or close to Earths . I made my MBR pick based on jaffa ( SG-1 ) brutes & Elite ( Halo ) they all seem to take a full mag to kill , Not that I would go blasting every living thing on astrange planet

Meh... take all the weapons you like.

I will still succeed in obliterating your, puny, pathetic little planet...

It's a stargate, so clearly I'd need to bring a P90, but I'll skip the M9 and go with a FiveSeven for a sidearm, and for a blade, a Wakizashi by Angel Sword.

How far would a .223 fired up at 45 degrees travel on the moon? You would assume 0 atmospheric drag and a gravity of 16.7% of the Earth's.
lwq34.jpg
No, not really.

M1 rifle. Has a nice bayonet and makes a handy club. Went from deserts to jungles to frozen Northern Europe and works. Yeah old school but simple accurate and reliable.

Are we sure that the folks on these other planets will allow weapons? What if they're more enlightened/progressive?

Are we sure that the folks on these other planets will allow weapons? What if they're more enlightened/progressive?

If it's a planet populated by fuds and moonbats, then just nuke it from orbit and be done with it. Their defensive grid will be a joke, and not be able to hit 'minute of starship' at any range. So, if the planet has resources you want, remove the infestation and then land. If not, just crack that sucker open and move on.

Back
Top Bottom