• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would you do?

What would you do

• Do nothing and mind your own business.

Votes: 114 65.1%
  • Politely tell the person they are printing or their gun can be seen.

Votes: 56 32.0%
  • Tell a store employee

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Call the police.

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
I think this would be a great topic for the ABC show by same title as this thread! Anyone have John Quinones number on the speed dial?[smile]

Here in the P.R. of MA? Maybe be a kind soul and offer a quiet and discreet "hey bud, might want to fix your shirt, dude." Or maybe mind my own business. Dunno.

Me and my brother discussed this a awhile ago. We came to the conclusion of minding our own business, figuring the person we told would tell us the same.

Call police after calling FBI, ATF, and local SWAT team. I would tether a dog nearby just in case.

I'd inform security that an unhinged man was destroying merchandise. Then I'd evacuate the store with the rest of the employees and customers. After the police gunned down a West Point graduate in front of his fiance, I'd rest assured that the officers went home safely and that the inquest would rule it a good shoot.

ouch!

Under certain circumstances, I would offer to help search, I mean, help them adjust.
764784930_xiGRT-M.jpg

I'd likely assess the guy/gal. If it is a gangsta type my reaction would likely be different than if it were someone nicely dressed and groomed.

If they look like a good guy/gal I'd be tempted to give them a heads-up to help save them some grief. That is what I'd likely want if I were in the same situation.

I ran into this three times that I recall.

- Best Buy in Braintree, someone OC'g. I walked around him and then saw the badge in front of the holster (I had been behind him when I first saw him). Said/did nothing.

- At a Hess station in Franklin. Person was filling up his truck and could see the lower 2-3" of his holster sticking out below his shirt. Said/did nothing.

- Costco's Dedham. A man with a young son pushing a cart down the main aisle. The guy was leaning over the cart, so the bottom of his holster became visible. Smiled to myself and said/did nothing. Nobody noticed anything.

MMOB works for me with anyone but an obvious gangbanger/DB. If the person looks like trouble, I would exit the area as fast as possible and drop a dime.

I like to think I am a pretty good judge of people.

If they looked like they probably had a license, I might discreetly say something.

I did it to a pilot at an airport last year, and he thanked me for the heads up.

If they looked like a gang-banger, I would distance myself, quickly!

But I would never the call cops or security, because they tend to over react!

Is she hot? Just kidding. I would mind my own business.

A number of years ago I saw a guy getting out of a car at a hotel in Framingham wearing a large tactical black fanny pack with the telltale pull tabs. I just chuckled to myself and went on my way.

Last edited:
I would tell the person, Hey...I have one just like that, except I know how to carry concealed and you don't. Or, Dude, my grandma can see that print from Heaven.
Seriously, If they look suspicious, follow what your gut tells you, and act quickly.

I might say something depending on the person, and opportunity. In MA I would like to help out someone and then get them to send $20 to Derek. However if it was an OC friendly state then I would MMOB.

seriously, a vote for call the police? gotta be a joke. Unless however it is Joe tactical in his covert EDC gear...however it would be impossible to "make" him. by the time you made him he'd already have drawn down on you with duelie Glock 17s and be finishing his third tactical cough drop, lighting a Kool with his "black Bic". you'd never stand a chance. BUT SERIOUSLY, a vote for call the police? [rolleyes]

I voted for "call the police."

Only to be a dick though.

I wouldn't do anything. It ain't my business and the best advice I ever got was to mind my own.

I would confront them in a rude manner,then demand a mag check to see if their mags are pre-ban or post-ban.Then I would probably lecture them for a while because I have this overwhelming urge to let people know how wicked smart I think I am.

Honestly, I don't think the general public wouldn't even notice. As for the "depending on what he looks like" train of thought. I think it depends on the the area. Sometimes when working I move around unshaven and looking quite dirtbaggish, other times clean shaven in a shirt and tie. Don't let looks be the only thing that raises a red flag.

Back
Top Bottom