• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would you do?

What would you do

• Do nothing and mind your own business.

Votes: 114 65.1%
  • Politely tell the person they are printing or their gun can be seen.

Votes: 56 32.0%
  • Tell a store employee

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Call the police.

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
I'm just curious what everyone would do in this situation. I know many of us have talked about different types of concealed carry. Many of us also change the way we carry depending on what we are doing or the types of clothes we would be wearing.

What would you do if you were out at say the local Walmart or Home Depot and made out someone that is carrying either by their gun printing or thier gun becoming un-covered.

Would you......

Tell em to put their horse back in their stable, and then call them something appropriate like idjit.

Or follow them around at a distance, and see if they notice, if they're printing badly, obviously 0 awareness, then wait for the hilarity to ensue when a god fearing soccer mom gets her grannies in a wad when SHE sees the devil metal.

Be coy like, what kind of grip do you have on that there thunder maker? Don't talk like that if you aren't already wearing some sort of realtree camo though.

Draw down on them, two in the chest and one in the head. They deserve a Mozambique for shopping there...

I'd likely assess the guy/gal. If it is a gangsta type my reaction would likely be different than if it were someone nicely dressed and groomed.

If they look like a good guy/gal I'd be tempted to give them a heads-up to help save them some grief. That is what I'd likely want if I were in the same situation.

Honestly, if he was in MA he could get hell for it...make us all look bad. Gotta consider that....helping him out might help you....probably not lol, but it's a nice thought right

If its holstered, a gentle heads up.

If its jambed in the waistband of fubu jeans hanging below the ass, it's go time!

[laugh] I tend to agree with what everyone is saying. Most of the time I would probably may MMOB as most people wouldn't even notice. If the person looks like a decent person and it is blatantly obvious maybe a heads up is warranted or just to see what the reaction is.

At the end of the day its better just to do a good job concealing your firearm but it happens. It just created an awkward situation.

I'd scream "He has a gun!" and then run around knocking over displays of beef stew and sodas. All while yelling "Lord have Mercy! Nobody is safe!"

On a more serious note...it would depend. If they look like they are doing so illegaly I don't think I'd mention anything to them. If they seemed like they were doing it legally i'd try to mention it without drawing too much attention to the fact that I can see it. You don't know how they would react either way.

If the gun became visible because his shirt rose up and caught on the grip or something, I'd politely let him know, and I'd hope someone would do the same for me (not that this sort of thing happens to me). If he was printing because his method of CC wasn't working for him, I'd keep quiet.

ETA: To elaborate on it, I see the first situation as a "shit happens" kind of thing, while the second situation is a "you're doing it wrong" kind of thing. I don't mind telling a guy that shit happens, but I don't want to have a "you're doing it wrong" conversation with a stranger in the middle of the grocery store.

Last edited:
I would just stare at the area where the gun is printing and start pointing my finger at it while mumbling incoherently.

Last edited:
MMOFB...
Is this in general or just in MA?...not that it matters to me...I OC alot never had an issue ...I've been in Target and Home Depot in Merrimack NH without an issue and all over my town.

MMOFB...
Is this in general or just in MA?...not that it matters to me...I OC alot never had an issue ...I've been in Target and Home Depot in Merrimack NH without an issue and all over my town.

Since many of us are in MA I kind of meant it as an "in MA" question. I would tend to think responses from MA people and NH people would differ seeing as guns are more widely accepted in NH than in MA.

i have seen this once a my local grocery store and the only reason i said anything was because i remember being so nervous about it when i first started carrying i would have wanted somebody to quietly let me know if I was printing. all I did was walk by him and quietly say as i passed by "your printing" he instantly knew what i was talking about, fixed it and said thanks.

I wouldn't say a damned thing. Then again, someone carrying a gun (especially in a holster) isn't, by default, any kind of a "problem" to me. Why is it awkward, just because we're standing in MA? [thinking]

The irony of the thing is that most of the sheep in the store would probably never notice it unless it's extremely obvious. If you choose to say something to someone, be aware of who else is in earshot, because you might unintentionally make the "printing" worse than it actually is. Like for example, if you're in a checkout line with a ton of people and the guy in front of you has the first inch of a 1911 muzzle poking out of the bottom of his jacket, and you pick up on it right away, talking to the guy about it in a herd of people is likely "bad".

-Mike

If there were just printing, I would MMOFB. If their shirt/jacket came up and exposed the gun for a significant length of time, knowing what may happen to the poor SOB in this state, I would politely tap them on the shoulder and let them know.

seriously, a vote for call the police? gotta be a joke. Unless however it is Joe tactical in his covert EDC gear...however it would be impossible to "make" him. by the time you made him he'd already have drawn down on you with duelie Glock 17s and be finishing his third tactical cough drop, lighting a Kool with his "black Bic". you'd never stand a chance. BUT SERIOUSLY, a vote for call the police? [rolleyes]

I'd scream "He has a gun!" and then run around knocking over displays of beef stew and sodas. All while yelling "Lord have Mercy! Nobody is safe!"

I like this method. I might shove some women and children in the process as well.

Joe Tactical?

EPIC I just laughed out loud

seriously, a vote for call the police? gotta be a joke. Unless however it is Joe tactical in his covert EDC gear...however it would be impossible to "make" him. by the time you made him he'd already have drawn down on you with duelie Glock 17s and be finishing his third tactical cough drop, lighting a Kool with his "black Bic". you'd never stand a chance. BUT SERIOUSLY, a vote for call the police?

YA and who is the db that voted for call the police??? Damm sheep...bbbaaaaahhhhh

Last edited:
I live in MA. i'm gonna do the brother a solid and quietly point it out. i would hate for someone to lose their ltc for a slip. maybe suggest he get a better concealment method.

Back
Top Bottom