1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

What would you do? (Mass Pike Edition)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Darksideblues42, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Darksideblues42

Darksideblues42 NES Life Member NES Member

I was on the Mass Pike, driving home from picking my wife up from Logan Wednesday night, right around 5 PM, and traffic is a mess.

Someone decides they need their high beams on, and they need to cut the guy behind me off to get right up on my bumper.

I am in the middle lane, traffic is stop and go, there is a School Bus (The big yellow variety) in the right lane, trying to merge to the middle lane. I allow for the space to let them in, and the guy behind me lays into his horn. He then proceeds to allow a gap, then speed up, and brake JUST short of hitting me, and when the left lane has an opening, he lays on the horn, pulls along side me, and starts screaming at me, flipping me off, wild gestures, all that jazz, then cuts me off and almost clips my front end crossing back to the middle lane, while trying to brake check me (Even though I am backing off because I don't trust him not to be stupid at this point)

It was a disabled student Dodge Caravan School Bus..... The wife grabbed a picture of the "Want to join our team?" sticker, the plate number, and the vehicle number.

Should I contact the company, or let it go? It just seems like if this driver is supposed to be transporting kids and cannot cope with Mass Pike traffic, the company should know.

Thoughts?

Mike Stanton and Lip like this.

2. RumRunner

RumRunner NES Member

I would have let it go until he pulled up next to you and flipped you off. That would be the deciding factor for me to contact the company with a complaint. Probably won't do any good, but at least I'd get some satisfaction out of it.

Horrible, Lip and GM-GUY like this.
  3. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

Yup. Would you want them driving your kid? #dashcamsmatter

Fixxah, Lip, GM-GUY and 2 others like this.
  4. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Absolutely call it in. Mostly for the reason Jay said. Someday he's gonna kill someone with that rage.

Horrible, Daddy Mac, Lip and 2 others like this.
  5. ReluctantDecoy

ReluctantDecoy

Absolutely contact the company. How is a psychopath with that level of patience going to work with disabled children?

Lip likes this.
  6. wilson911

wilson911

Let it go.

You are not the world's police. This person will continue to drive like this and will get their due. There are no calls or reports you can make that will change this.

Wipe it out of your memory. You will feel better.

7. Darksideblues42

Expanding on this, this guy was following me like this for over 20 minutes with his high beams on, the barely braking, and the horn thing over and over before he pulled alongside.

Lip likes this.
  8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Call it in like Nick Fury at the end of Infinity War. People like that shouldn't be on the roads.

I'm always amazed at how s-wordy people drive when in a vehicle with a company name on it. ?????

Lip likes this.
  9. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

I’d call it in. Generally as a rule when I get a guy up on my bumper and then pull up next to me. I usually roll down my window and point to my lap and say sorry about that your wife was chomping on me and I lost my focus

Lip, garandman and Dip Dungles like this.
  10. Mr.E

Mr.E

I'd call, but I don't like people.....

Choctaw and PaulR like this.
  11. Whiskeywon

Whiskeywon NES Member

You're absolutely right that they'll get their dues. BUT would you want their dues coming at the cost of your disabled child? IE: Massive highway car wreck with children. In most other aspects I agree with you, but this persons job is first and foremost to safely transport your child and clearly cannot safely do that. The reason this is different from your average person on the road is this person has direct control over that safety. As far as random Joe on the road I 100% agree I'm not the world police and they'll get what they deserve.

TJL likes this.
  12. fencer

fencer NES Member

You should have pulled him out and pistol whipped him to within an inch of his life. Right there on the Pike.

TLB, Lip, knoxy and 7 others like this.
  13. Hetzer

Hetzer NES Member

I've worked for companies and had the "How's My Driving?" sticker on the back of my vehicle and people abuse it because everyone loves being a nazi (no, I never got a call)

This is different, write out the sequence of events, don't exaggerate, and call. Be prepared to give a name and address, use a fake one if you want. Our drivers only got called out if there was a name and address on the report (I've seen them) which I think is insane.

Choctaw likes this.
  14. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

something like this happens to me i get all wound up about in the moment but it fizzles out after a few minutes. you on the other hand, it's been festering for two days and you posted about, still a little pissy. call it in, you'll feel better. then report the info to the state police...a rouge school bus driver...they eat that up. and a hp bus to boot! go get 'em!

15. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

With that kind of horseshit, I'd file the complaint directly with the cops. Complete with dates, times, and places.

Waher, Lip, GM-GUY and 1 other person like this.
  16. Darksideblues42

I have the email typed out, basically, the same verbiage and story as on here. Was waiting for a bit of a consensus before moving forward.

It's not been "festering" exactly, I just wanted to give it at least 24 hours to see if it still was weighing on my mind because of the disabled kid connection. Random Jerkoff I can handle, but when it is a professional driver, that is a different story.

Daddy Mac, Lip and Hetzer like this.
  17. zboys

zboys

There is a reason all the info is lettered on the back of the vehicle, call it in, its the right thing to do

Lip likes this.
  18. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

What's that going to do? What evidence does he have? If the Police prosecute based on that, I could have some real fun.

19. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

I'm betting if they get multiple complaints in for a particular company - especially if it could concern the same driver - it'd turn into an investigation. At the very least, it'd turn into a, "Hey, we have received numerous complaints regarding your drivers..."

20. kurtb

kurtb NES Member

send the email..

21. dragonballzz

dragonballzz

Blow him a kiss.

mass and Jason Flare like this.
  22. Nhusa

Nhusa

Send it in to the company AND notify the State Police.
    Let the company know you reported it to the police.
    They might disregard one complaint but they will have to do something if a bunch of people complain or the SP get involved.
    This jerk is going to kill someone and should not be transporting kids!!

On afternoon my wife and I were going north on Rt 495 and guy in a box truck was driving like a maniac.
    He was swerving between lanes, tailgating, cutting people off, and even forced someone into the breakdown lane.
    My wife called the Mass State police and gently reported the guy.
    The SP asked if we could stay on the phone, and safely follow him.
    We agreed and in a few minutes a marked patrol car went by us, we told the SP, and he pulled the guy over.
    We may have not been the only one to complain but may have been the only ones willing to help them.

Who knows? He might have been an illegal gang banger and a judge let him off.
    But at least the highway wasn't blocked because he killed someone during that trip.

TJL and milktree like this.
  23. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

So glad I got one of those cameras.

Dashcam -- Who here uses one and what make/model?

After a year now though, nothing too exciting yet, just random @ssholes.
    Saw a guy drive the wrong way through the mall entrance last night, that was interesting.

24. alpineboard

alpineboard NES Member

If you report it to the police, write an incident report, date it, while it is still fresh in your mind, and all others that witnessed it do the same. If the nut driver causes an accident/injury in the future, that is remotely related to the conduct you have described, your statement now will help later.

25. Nhusa

Nhusa

What happens if he kills one of your family or friends when he gets his due?
    People that look the other way when there are obvious signs someone is unfit to do something (mentally unstable people with guns, cars, etc.) may not be legally responsible but they are morally responsible.

What happened to see something - say something? I know that it has to be within reason. Not a snowflake reaction.

BigTimber likes this.
  26. Malodave

Malodave NES Member

Well I mounted Extra LED Backup lights for the high beam problem with a switch
    to turn them on at anytime. There is a set of K5LA Train Horns on my pickup to
    silence his horn. Then I have a 2 Channel Dashcam that has a camera recording
    out the back and out the windshield for documentation.

Malodave

27. PennyPincher

PennyPincher

I would definitely report this jackwad

Maybe call one of those "investigative reporters" and suggest they follow this cretin after work hours or even during work to see how wonderfully safe he is driving disabled kids.

28. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

Not sure if serious, but if so, you are my hero. [bow]

Whiskeywon likes this.
  29. Malodave

Malodave NES Member

Yes, this is what is on my truck right now.

[​IMG]

I've even installed an AC pump from a 1973 Mercedes called a York 210 just to pump air to my dual Air Tanks.

[​IMG]

My VW Baja bug had 4 KC Daylighter Off-Road lights that put out 365,000 candle power each.
    Let someone come at me with their High Beams on. With those I could always win that argument.

Malodave

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  30. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

sounds like he went full retard.

I'd probably dime them out too, given the circumstances. If they're dumb enough to act like a twat with a company badged vehicle, then how can they not expect repercussions?

-Mike

Koolmoose likes this.