• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would you do if this happened to to you?

Realistically, get out of there as quickly as possible and call the insurance. The guy driving apparently thought that he had to follow all traffic laws and couldn't go up on the sidewalk to get out of there. If I hit him on the way out, what a shame. If I really couldn't drive away, I would shoot. I think that the video evidence would just support my decision, if it even surfaced.

Officer when I was trying duck down I must have hit the gas pedal and being so scared I didn't notice I pinned him up against the car in front of me.

2 center mass and 1 in the computer. 99.9% of the time, my family and children would be in the car, and that would be the end of that gang banging MOFO.
You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

+1

All those of you who think driving away is the answer, sit there trying to find opening in that traffic while this freak is smashing glass within inches of your child's face. [rolleyes]

I'd either have pinned him the moment he stood in front of my truck, and kept the accelerator floored until I snapped him in two, or got out and shot him in the face. Whichever one I could do the fastest.

And no, I would not be offering some lame ass excuse as to how he "accidentally" got pinned under my truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
best comment left o that video:
HAHA
Can you beleive she reacted just the same way they do in GTA when you start beating a car?

if he came at my car like that and started that, I would percieve that violence as a threat to my life. In perceiving that threat with no way out, the coroner would find between 3 and 13 357sig corbons inside him, and a crying mother on tv saying how he was a good person.

+1

All those of you who think driving away is the answer, sit there trying to find opening in that traffic while this freak is smashing glass within inches of your child's face. [rolleyes]

I'd either have pinned him the moment he stood in front of my truck, and kept the accelerator floored until I snapped him in two, or got out and shot him in the face. Whichever one I could do the fastest.

And no, I would not be offering some lame ass excuse as to how he "accidentally" got pinned under my truck.
amen to that.

And that's why we love you! [smile]

After the initial confusion of having some random crackhead bashing my car I would first look for a way to just get out of there...if there was none, then I would back up enough to run his ass over.

Now for the people who answered that they would just turn this guy into a pile of ground beef....what would your strategy be? Just shoot out the window? or get out, take aim and unload? I don't remember the video well, but wasn't it pretty crowded? I'm not a gun owner yet, I have been to the range lots of times...but haven't really thought out situations like this. Also, for those of you who carry...do you keep on you while driving? What kind of holster do you recommend for max comfort/concealment for sitting positions? Sorry for dumb questions, just trying to educate myself a little.

If the wife and kids were in the car in the car I would do one of the 3 depending on which I could do quickest and safest
1. run
2. shoot him
3. run him over

For example, if he was bashing in the window that my son sits against (pass rear) I might not have time to get out and get around the car before he connects and I definitely would not shoot across anyone to shoot at him from the drivers seat through the back pass window so I would probably run. If he was bashing my window and I could not run I would most definitely shoot him. If he was bashing my hood or my trunk I would launch my vehicle like Big Daddy Don Garlits in the corresponding direction.

If it were just me, I would probably just leave if I could. If not I would just exit the vehicle and stand gaurd while he finished. I would not want to be trapped in a car full of flying glass. I would want a clear field of view if I needed it. If he didn't swing at me I doubt I would shoot. Not worth the ensuing nightmare.

Last edited:
Now for the people who answered that they would just turn this guy into a pile of ground beef....what would your strategy be? Just shoot out the window? or get out, take aim and unload? I don't remember the video well, but wasn't it pretty crowded? I'm not a gun owner yet, I have been to the range lots of times...but haven't really thought out situations like this. Also, for those of you who carry...do you keep on you while driving? What kind of holster do you recommend for max comfort/concealment for sitting positions? Sorry for dumb questions, just trying to educate myself a little.

I carry while driving all the time. I either keep it holstered in the same place it always is or I put it in the center console. And yes, I have practiced drawing from the waist while buckled in. In my truck and my wife's car, I can do it easily. It's even easier when I flip up the lid on the center console and grab a fistful of .357 Magnum.

The strategy would be to stop him as quickly as possible. If that means I see a hole in traffic or through a sidewalk, I take it. If he's in front or behind he gets run over. If he's on my side he gets shot, either from the driver's seat or I'll get out to where I can take a shot to stop him. If he's on the opposite side I'll either side swipe him or I will walk around to shoot him if I cannot move my vehicle away from him.

But whatever is to be done needs to be done lickety-split.

I just had an image of this happening in an parallel universe and the crackhead says "Watch this!" and runs up to the car and takes one swing, and then Jose pops out of the driver's side door and busts the dude's melon wide open with a single shot, gets back in, pulls up to the light, puts on his turn signal and drives away.

That would have been a better video! [wink]

There is one more thing to keep in mind.

The point where shooting this guy becomes clearly defensible in court is when he pops a window.

At that point he has breached the barrier between him and you and/or your loved ones. Now he has access to the inside of the vehicle while wielding a deadly weapon (blunt impact object) and has clearly demonstrated no regard for the safety of others.

Up until then I could see maneuvering for an opening to get away. But after that point, unless you can escape right that second, every second you waste looking for an out is a second you give him to get to you or to your family.

Once the glass flies it's on like Donkey Kong.

I would like to think I would run him over, then beat the crap out of him with his pipe, and then shoot him just because I can..

Back
Top Bottom