• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would you buy?

Get the 460 S&W. Personally I would not shell out the extra clams for the Performance Center version but if you are really nuts about that version, why not? The 460 will fire .45 Colt with relatively low recoil and if you reload cast it will be on the cheap.

As much as I'd love to have a S&W 500 'just because', the 460 is WAY more versatile and due to the higher velocities the energy can be pretty close to the 500.
The ability to shoot .45 LC, .454, .45 Schofield, .460 S&W, and (with a milled cylinder) .45 ACP and .460 Rowland is pretty cool.

That was my first choice anyway.

First order of business- Finish ream the cylinder throats

This. Definitely this.

10997_1_.jpg

Third. But the Orange Shadow II.
Yeah what a great pistol. If I didn't already own a Blue Shadow 2 and a Tactical Sport Orange I'd definitely get an Orange Shadow 2.
The Orange Shadow 2 is like a Blue Shadow 2 but with a barrel bushing for better accuracy and a 2-way adjustable rear sight (Blue Shadow 2 adjustable for elevation only).

I'd stock up on anything I had interest in that may end up on a ban list. Scary rifles, magazines, binary triggers, 80% receivers and jigs, etc.

Colt Gold Cup Trophy in 45ACP would be my choice with an extra $1,800. A DW Valor in 45ACP would be close to the top of the list too.

Mongoose for the Win!

Or, the MR73 by Manurhin

1596840221932.png

Last edited:
I have never heard a single person that had anything from AMT was reliable.

and from memory iirc.. 30 carbine was Always a train wreck that fed even less well than many other calibers..
You might luck out and find a decent one, but I would insist on a demo before putting down any money on anything AMT.

Last edited:
I have never heard a single person that had anything from AMT was reliable.

and from memory iirc.. 30 carbine was Always a train wreck that fed even less well than many other calibers..
You might luck out and find a decent one, but I would insist on a demo before putting down any money on anything AMT.
Like I said earlier I have had two Automag 3s over the years and a couple of 2 as well, they always function pretty well as I recall. I had a Hardballer too, now that thing was a f***ing nightmare!

Back
Top Bottom