• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would happen? Nothing? Kaboom? End of humanity?

So i was working the 650 last night, and noticed that the powder charge in one case looked higher than all the others. So I pulled it out and weighed it, and there was 3.1 of bullseye, but also some cleaning media. I have no idea how cleaning media could have been in the case, since I inspect them all (maybe it was clumped and stuck at the bottom?)

In any case, what would/could have happened had I fired that case? Correct powder charge, correct OAL, but containing non-flammable filler? (load is 9mm, ~133PF)

I have no idea how cleaning media could have been in the case, since I inspect them all (maybe it was clumped and stuck at the bottom?)
you may want to modify your inspection method since you missed one. me, i tap the case onto the side of the tumbler bowl to make sure any stray media comes out then do a quick visual. i have one of those goose neck desk hobby lamps positioned above me for additional light to see inside. slow? yep, but i have time.

Back
Top Bottom