What would happen if I used a weapon to defend myself against a wild animal?

The ones in my area are fat and happy, lots of food running around. They look like German Shepherds from a distance.
These larger eastern coyotes are supposedly hybrids that came down from Canada, DNA 60% coyote, 30% wolf, and 10% dog. Coyote population saturates Massachusetts
Last year there was a deer killed in my yard by 2 yotes. I never want to hear that sound again.
Ditto that, what an god-awful sound that is. Two days after I heard that we found a chewed up deer leg next to the driveway. My dog was going crazy last night around 1am, shone the flashlight out the window and one was about 10' from my front door. Didn't seem the least bit bothered by the light in his face and took his time leaving. I'm mulling over options.

Ditto that, what an god-awful sound that is. Two days after I heard that we found a chewed up deer leg next to the driveway. My dog was going crazy last night around 1am, shone the flashlight out the window and one was about 10' from my front door. Didn't seem the least bit bothered by the light in his face and took his time leaving. I'm mulling over options.
I seriously think a paintball gun would be an awesome move. And it will make them afraid of humans which is exactly what's needed.

You can use deadly force to protect you life or someone else’s. Whether it is against a person or animal. In either case be sure that is your only option. Expect to be charged bylaw enforcement. Consider yourself lucky if you’re not.

Dave

The ones in my area are fat and happy, lots of food running around. They look like German Shepherds from a distance.
These larger eastern coyotes are supposedly hybrids that came down from Canada, DNA 60% coyote, 30% wolf, and 10% dog. Coyote population saturates Massachusetts
Last year there was a deer killed in my yard by 2 yotes. I never want to hear that sound again.
Today I left my house to walk my dog and this is across the road from me. I guess Wile E dropped it
IMG_0870.jpg

Take a bat on your walk. If you happen to use a firearm to dispatch the coyote, in Mass, you will likely endure months of lawyers bills and pain , then a fight to gain your firearms back that were taken...

Yeah. The guy said he was kind of sad that it took nearly 10 minutes for the coyote to die. I've got no love for predators wandering through my yard, but given the choice between terrified while slowly suffocating for 10 minutes versus a clean shot, I know what side I'd come down on.

What would they think of swinging it repeatedly into a tree trunk until it was no longer breathing?

Back
Top Bottom