• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would happen if I sent in 5 FA-10s in the same calendar year

just for clarification what a calender year is, say i buy and sell a total of 4 guns between march and december, does the new calendar year start january, or is it march?

so freakin confusing and useless.

Jan 1st each year you start with a "clean slate".

A certain officer in Milford "explained" to me the limit was 4 per year period. He was quite intense about the explanation. He seemed to really want to get his point across. (customer service window, not an "official" encounter).

I thanked him, mentioned that the limit applied only to sales and departed. He seemed about to press his point but left it alone. Perhaps he had a glimmer of recollection.

In other words, Police do not necessarily know the correct info on transfers. (which is not to say they DON'T, either)

Doesn't surprise me, the laws are hard to keep track of. I'm only pointing out that it's fairly easy for LE to monitor FA-10 transfers, and the statute of limitations is 6 years for most violations of the gun laws. So if someone did sell more than the limit, it could be discovered at any time, and prosecuted.

Back
Top Bottom