• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What will you be buying this tax free weekend?

I don't see myself buying anything this weekend. I usually buy from tax free Internetachusetts anyways so I usually don't pay taxes on a lot of big purchases. I would love to pick up a nice 1911 but the money just is not there right now.

I just dumped 100 bucks in NH. Nice tax free shopping. But I may have to convince the wife that I need a .38 so I can get it on this so called "tax holiday" weekend.

I disagree, what you participate in, you condone. You keep up the idea that it's OK to have these taxes as long as a couple days a year they throw you some scraps. And they get to claim "see, it's good for small businesses!" Unfortunately, small businesses need to suffer and leave the state to shut down this BS.

You are absolutely right. I condone them NOT charging tax on the items I buy for those 2 days.[rolleyes]

At what point did I say that I supported the taxes that we pay everyday? Because I don't.

Also, the tax-free weekend gets people out spending who would normally not. Surely most of this money goes to chains, but a high-tide lifts all boats. Small businesses have been getting their heads caved in for the past few years. Anything getting people into their doors is a good thing

To me, one of the big stores' 20-30% off sales on appliances is more appealing than delaying a purchase to save 6.5%.

I watch for discounts off retail any day of the year (sales, internet, etc.), over piddly discounts from the largesse of the government.

The cost of driving to NH from where I live typically rules out that alternative for all but exceptional situations.

Just a cawinkydink that its tax free BUT I will be out both saturday cand sunday early and later pm.......trying to plot all the gun shops to my GPS with in the areas I will be. I will just shoot my luck on whos open and who has what?

Looking for ammo------plinking ammo wolf,bear case discounts 5.56, 45acp, 357,

You want to "help" the economy..Sales Tax is the wrong thing...Income Tax is the one we need to get rid off...Federal/State (depending on the state)..along with SS/MC...Then we can look at at our paystubs with atleast a little smile..

I'm not going out of my way to make any special purchases this weekend. Oh wait, I live in NH so I could care less about the MA "tax-free" weekend. The funny part is it won't even impact the goods sold in NH. The same folks that shop up here will continue to do so.

I'm not going out of my way to make any special purchases this weekend. Oh wait, I live in NH so I could care less about the MA "tax-free" weekend. The funny part is it won't even impact the goods sold in NH. The same folks that shop up here will continue to do so.

Just out of curiosity, if you lived in MA, what would you do?

Just out of curiosity, if you lived in MA, what would you do?

Move to NH [rofl]

Actually I'm pretty serious, I did live in MA and that's what I did. If I didn't like and haven't been working for the same company for so long, MA would be dead to me.

As for the 'tax-free' weekend I wouldn't buy anything that I didn't plan on anyways. I wouldn't change my spending habits based on it.

I'm buying a super duper cool tactical shotgun, but it has nothing to do with the tax free weekend. It's when the group buy was scheduled to close. I do almost all of my other shopping in NH where they appreciate the money.

I also plan to email Devil Patricks office and thank them for the tax break on my new shotty.

Tax-free weekend is quite important to small-businesses. Just because you take advantage of it doesn't make you a Deval supporter. There is no "principle" being violated.

Take it for what it is, a chance to save some change on your purchases.

Get off your high-horses and buy a gun. Jeez, bunch of scrooges on here.

Also, this tax-free weekend started before Deval, didn't it?

THIS!

Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtledoves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

A tempurpedic and a bunch of trees. I've been holding off on these purchases for weeks now, but I should save a couple of hundred for the trouble.

Just like a 'tax break' on buying houses jacked up house prices (so you ended up overpaying), buying guns for a 6% discount is a waste of time. I'm sure a better deal can be found on the forums here (support local gun owners), or online. Remember, if you didn't plan on spending the money anyway, spending $500 to get 6% back is silly. As others mentioned, amazon is tax free all year long, and there is also ebay. As far as supporting local businesses, you can do it all year round, not just one day a year. Think of your own finances first. If you didn't plan to buy it, then don't. Starve the government of revenue - don't buy anything in MA if you can buy it online. This revenue goes to the state that squanders it by buying votes which will end up costing us a LOT more down the line in increased taxes.

Nothing....I'll be making a trip to NH a couple of weeks from now and shopping in more relaxed circumstances rather than contending with the zoo to be found in most MA stores this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom