• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What will you be buying this tax free weekend?

Nothing, since I choose to shop at my convenience in a state that values my shopping year round, not on some annual weekend. The original 3 percent "emergency" state tax that Mass adopted in the 60's was supposed to be long gone by now. NH isn't that far away. I'm taking my hints from the myriad of Mass pols that have been spotted shopping north of the border. What's good for the goose is good for me.

amazon-logo.jpg

I do 90% of my shopping in NH or online that doesn't charge me taxes. I believe MA takes enough out of my taxes that they don't need to tax everything i buy. Oh and i always declare everything i buy on my taxes at the end of the year[laugh2]

Nothing, since I choose to shop at my convenience in a state that values my shopping year round, not on some annual weekend. The original 3 percent "emergency" state tax that Mass adopted in the 60's was supposed to be long gone by now. NH isn't that far away. I'm taking my hints from the myriad of Mass pols that have been spotted shopping north of the border. What's good for the goose is good for me.

Excellent response.

Politicians are a special type of idiots. They tell us that raising taxes really doesn't hurt the economy. Then they have "tax holidays" to make things better, if only for one weekend.

I live just off of Rt. 3. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to Nashua. I do all my shopping there. I don't buy into this dumb "holiday" gimmick.

I'm trying to resist the urge of accepting any table scraps King Deval throughs my way. As far as Im concerned, Deval can take his tax free weekend and shove it up is a$$.

I'm trying to resist the urge of accepting any table scraps King Deval throughs my way. As far as Im concerned, Deval can take his tax free weekend and shove it up is a$$.

this. if i had the cash i'd be buying a gun as that's the only bigger middle finger than not accepting king deval's tax break at all.

Tax-free weekend is quite important to small-businesses. Just because you take advantage of it doesn't make you a Deval supporter. There is no "principle" being violated.

Take it for what it is, a chance to save some change on your purchases.

Get off your high-horses and buy a gun. Jeez, bunch of scrooges on here.

Also, this tax-free weekend started before Deval, didn't it?

I'd like to get a 9mm carry pistol. Still deciding which one and where. I'm very interested in a Ruger SR9c but cannot seem to find a place that has any in stock.

I'd only consider a new gun because like someone said, thats the biggest kick in the balls for these politician idiots. But, I won't buy anything probably...the latest aquisitions have been from online. I'm not too far from NH either....every day is tax free up there.

Idiots make way too much of this tax free day.....stores sometimes offer 15-20% off deals and no one shows up, but offer a 6.25% off deal and everyone goes bonkers......

Last edited:
I have a few small items in mind for my office. Considering replacing the dryer as well.

Beyond that, I'm waiting to see what Four Seasons, Collectors and First Defense post up, although I don't need or want anything specific right now. [wink]

nothing.

until we live in NH and my husband has a job. I am not interested in buying any nuetered firearms in this state.

Tax-free weekend is quite important to small-businesses. Just because you take advantage of it doesn't make you a Deval supporter. There is no "principle" being violated.

Take it for what it is, a chance to save some change on your purchases.

Get off your high-horses and buy a gun. Jeez, bunch of scrooges on here.

Also, this tax-free weekend started before Deval, didn't it?

I disagree, what you participate in, you condone. You keep up the idea that it's OK to have these taxes as long as a couple days a year they throw you some scraps. And they get to claim "see, it's good for small businesses!" Unfortunately, small businesses need to suffer and leave the state to shut down this BS.

Wait, guns are tax free too? Crap, I just bought one this past weekend. Where I used to live, it was only "back to school" things that were tax free. Oh well, I guess I should have done my research.

I don't normally buy big ticket items without an incentive. There are lots of stores offering big sales in addition to the the sales tax gimmick. I condone the idea of buying sales tax free in mASSachusetts if only for the two days allowed. If sales go up for this weekend but remain flat for all others, that's sending a message. A lot of small businesses are hurting. A lot of small businesses have been shutting down and leaving the state, not specifically because of the increased sales tax but more so due to the health insurance laws. If I can buy locally and and tax free, I'm going to do it. If not, I'll drive for an hour and shop tax free when time allows it.

Back
Top Bottom