What was your wife/girlfriend's first CCW?

You know, GOAL has an event focused on just this issue... I can’t seem to remember what it is though.... Hmmm, if only here was a thread...

Some of you have met my wife and she is a total fashionista. For a long time she worked for a designer and her wardrobe mimics that type of lifestyle. Very well put together, but there is no way a holster and gun will fit into that kind of wardrobe. Plus she is dead set against it. While she's receptive to the idea of having a gun with her, it has to be in her purse or she'll never wear it. Took me a while just to warm her up to mace in her purse. Now a gun is finally starting to creep in there. So it's purse carry or nothing. My wife is very protective of her purse and it never just sits around. Then again it's a designer purse so it probably cost as much as one of my guns. I don't ask as I don't want her asking about my safe either.

95% of the time my wife is in jeans and a tucked-in stretchy shirt. She has tried every conceivable method of carry, including some gimmicky stuff. She carries on her ankle because everything else either prints (in her opinion) or is uncomfortable. She even worked on a few original holster designs for women, thinking of starting a company with her sister, but that hasn't gotten off the ground yet. She will not adapt her wardrobe to accommodate CCW. So be it.

Anyway she owns a 380 Bodyguard and a G43. Carries the Bodyguard, to my great chagrin.

95% of the time my wife is in jeans and a tucked-in stretchy shirt. She has tried every conceivable method of carry, including some gimmicky stuff. She carries on her ankle because everything else either prints (in her opinion) or is uncomfortable. She even worked on a few original holster designs for women, thinking of starting a company with her sister, but that hasn't gotten off the ground yet. She will not adapt her wardrobe to accommodate CCW. So be it.

Anyway she owns a 380 Bodyguard and a G43. Carries the Bodyguard, to my great chagrin.

One word: Layers. Lady Radtekk works in an office job doing payroll. She dresses appropriately for the job; skirts, slacks, suit pants, heels below and blouses, tucked or untucked above. Sometimes a vest, sometimes a jacket, sometimes she wears a long sweater/jacket thing, dunno what it's called, your wife will. Contrasting colors, layers, patterns... She is in and out of her office 20+ times a day to HR, CFO, COO, CEO... She carries a Shield 9 daily. It's pretty much equal parts "I won't sacrifice my wardrobe to carry and I won't sacrifice being able to carry because of my wardrobe." She has more holsters than I can count.

Point is, layers and patterns are CAMO. With a little creativity she could conceal my 1911 E-Series OWB. The only way somebody would know would be if they grabbed her hip, and then there'd be a WHOLE lot of other issues. Think about it... Jeans, IWB, tucked shirt with some minor pattern covering the gun and softening the outline, ANOTHER shirt over that, untucked, complimentary pattern. Nobody will see a thing, and not only because they CAN'T, but because they just won't be LOOKING for a gun.

My x wife loved her first hand gun. A Colt Gold Cup. She was crazy good with it and carried it in her handbag. The Blonde is partial to the 938, carried at 5 oclock, under a shirt.

Last edited:
My wife has a Ruger LCR 38 sp.
Even with the Hogue grip cushioning the recoil, it's a little much for her.
I think a 380 S&W Bodyguard would be more right for her.

I've owned both and I don't think the BG380 is any easier to shoot than the LCR.

Back
Top Bottom