• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to get, what to get... (Non-firearm)

Which truck should I get?

• Chevy 2500HD

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Ford F-250

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Dodge Ram 2500

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Toyota Tundra

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Now THIS IS A SERIOUS PICKUP TRUCK.

2005-International-CXT-FA-Rocks-1600x1200.jpg

Not so sure about that. I called a local transmission shop tday to get an appointment for them to look at my Nissan. He said it wouldn't be for awhile because they got 7 Dodge trucks in this week already. [thinking]

Chances are they didn't have the bands adjusted regularly. This is VITAL for the Ram auto transmissions.

The International CXT along with the GM Kodiak and a few other similar very large pickups are becoming very popular with the Horse crowds. You can hook up a very large horse trailer and tow it without any trouble at all.

What's interesting is that the CXT is about the same width and length as my Dodge Extended Cab, but towers 9 feet tall and weighs over 7 tons. However, it will tow up to 20 tons.

Unfortunately these trucks are extremely expensive running into the 6 figure range easily. BUT, if you get it as part of a business, the depreciation write off makes it a lot easier to justify.

If you've never had a chance, make the effort to see the interior of one of these beasts. Like riding your livingroom sofa cross country. Seriously puts the best of the light truck interiors to shame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom