What to get next............?

Plates,Plate carriers, and ifaks if you already each have an AR with enough magazines and ammo.

Otherwise make sure your optics are set up for your environment. Nevada has some seriously wide open spaces.

After that stuff id spend the leftovers on lowers, ammo, and magazines.

Well, just went shopping. I think there are two 5.56 rifles left in Vegas, and its not what anyone wants. Looks like its GunBroaker time

Decided on another MCX Virtus 5.56 (I did find a 300 blackout but absolutely no ammo here for that)

Stocked up with another 10 P mags, 5.56 was on the shelf at .60/ea:mad: I'm not that desperate.

Lately I buy mostly based on things I know I want to own that are in the ban likelihood status.

Very unfortunately this covid stuff has beat my yearly budget down about 20k, which is exactly the $$ that I normally use to buy toys with since it comes outside of day to day salary and I treat as outside the budget. Hey I feel lucky to have a job though, just the timing bites coming up on an election...

#####

AR stuff I think a fan should own:

5.56 carbines in a couple configurations (ie say a free float with optics, a carry handle upper with FSB), duplicates of what you really like.

AR10-ish platforms in 7.62 nato for carbine, either or both 7.62 and 6.5 creed in a long range rifle, duplicates of what you really like.

AR9 or AR15 in 300 blk pistol or SBR, similarly duplicates if you really like something.

A pile of mags well into triple digits.

Spare lowers, uppers, parts.

#######

Non AR pistols - whatever you like in the calibers you like for full or compact size pistols that have mags > 10 by design, at least 10 mags for each such pistol.

I suggest a sample that includes something like a Sig 226 or Glock 17/19 in 9mm with about 20 round mags as well as something like a Glock 20 10mm with 15 rounders (I feel like in pistols those two calibers basically cover all bases, everything else is kinda in between).

10+ mags for each, duplicates if you love a gun.

#########

50 BMG - seriously, this is a great thing to own I think and if you want an auto loader they are on the wish-to-ban list today - get one while you can.

Myself I want a mag fed bolt action, been split on the Remington versus Barret versions for awhile.. I like the Remington design and price better but spending 4.5k with the companies problems makes me wonder about long term support, on the other hand Barret without question will be around but it's more like 7k for a bull pup right bolt design I like less (though I bet it is built better somehow). This is on my spring 2021 list unless I decide to finance one, but such panic doesn't seem to be needed today since federally the caliber isn't quite on the short list yet (though the gun grabbers are after them, just not the federal level grabbers yet).

#########

Worth mentioning - these aholes want to ban even .22 auto loaders, so if you ever thought about a 10-22, 15-22, or a .22 pistol, get one and the good mags for them before those become pre ban.

#########

At least 1000 rounds stored away for everything you feel is important.

There are all sorts of other guns you can buy that are great to own, shotguns, carry pistols, etc etc, I have some of such and a wish list for more - just I don't see them falling into bans anytime soon so I keep those on the long list, at least until I get my 50 BMG.

I know, there are plenty of similar threads but my situation is different. (location and "the good stuff" on the shelf.

My wife is in the other room watching Info Wars and screaming we have to go buy a new long gun! (so I have to act quick, lol)

We are all set in the pistol department and recently got a new Sig MCX 5.56 Virtus 11.5" Pistol. I am thinking of the Virtus configured in 300 Blackout with a silencer, this way I will have the same basic platform on both?

Help me out, I'm not real familiar as to whats out there, this will be a throw in the safe zombie just in case, S hit the fan, comfort gun. :D

Oh yeah, we are in Nevada, so The good stuff is mostly available.

Like to keep it around $4k

I have a piece of modern art that can also be used as a hammer, can shoot (still works) and can stab zombies. If they are close to each other, you can stab 2 or 3 at the same time.

$1200 and its all yours.

SmartSelect_20200730-211936_Gallery.jpg

I have a piece of modern art that can also be used as a hammer, can shoot (still works) and can stab zombies. If they are close to each other, you can stab 2 or 3 at the same time.

$1200 and its all yours.

View attachment 376996

holy f***, please tell me that's not actually the 'gun' you own(ed)...that you posted in the casting thread the other day?

Let me get this straight...she's screaming at you to buy more guns? Not because you bought a gun? I can see why you married her.
Took me 18 yrs with the wrong one to find the right one, thats why I have guns, to defend anyone from stealing her! lol[rofl]
Sounds like you and I are married to soul-sisters:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom