What to expect if The Liberals win

Not sure why people have their heads in the sand and are glossing over the significance of this. Not only did the Republicans have a solid hold of the House when Sandy Hook happened, but the willingness of the left to embrace extremism has increased since then. We will almost certainly see an AWB in the Biden/Harris presidency, and if there’s a timely mass-shooting it will be inevitable and draconian.

Anyone else notice the mass shootings have slowed down in the last couple of years since President Trump's first drain of the swamp?

[tinfoil]

Jesus Christ guys. Relax.
Obama was POTUS for 8 years and everyone was sure it was the end of private gun ownership in America.
This time it's a brass ring grab, and it's international in scope. I discussed this here:

Obama was POTUS for 8 years and everyone was sure it was the end of private gun ownership in America.
The problem is that enemy advances are rarely rolled back. The outrage over the Colorado mag ban was so great a couple of legislators faced recall. Two were recalled and one resigned so that a D could be appointed to replace her and not have one of those pesky election things.

Despite this, the mag ban remains in place and I don't think anyone even introduced a bill to recall it.

Exactly.

And Mr. Trump has not moved the ball down the field to our advantage.

It will be a great day for America and freedom when this phony, childish menatlly ill person is defeated on 11-03-20.

We tried, we thought he was good in 2016. We were wrong. Not the end of the world, but soon the end of him!

Exactly.

And Mr. Trump has not moved the ball down the field to our advantage.

It will be a great day for America and freedom when this phony, childish menatlly ill person is defeated on 11-03-20.

We tried, we thought he was good in 2016. We were wrong. Not the end of the world, but soon the end of him!

Who’s “we”?

Expect lots of anti gun laws that no criminal will ever pay attention to. It'll be good PR that appeals to the "guns are scary" crowd, but it'll have zero effect on those with evil intent.

A Biden Harris administration will have a difficult time doing much. Every law he signs will end up in court. If they go too far, there will be STRONG civil disobedience. And the pissed off group will not be jobless and young babes. The pissed off group will be the men and women who shovel the fuel into the boiler of this freight train called the United States.
It is a different group of people, when you take something away, than a group of people who want something in the first place.

Most projections have the Democrats taking the Senate. If they do, and Trump loses, it may very well have rendered yesterday's swearing in of ACB meaningless.

That's the nightmare scenario. Democrats then have the House, the Senate, the White House, and the Supreme Court. The results will make FDR look conservative.

Most projections have the Democrats taking the Senate. If they do, and Trump loses, it may very well have rendered yesterday's swearing in of ACB meaningless.

That's the nightmare scenario. Democrats then have the House, the Senate, the White House, and the Supreme Court. The results will make FDR look conservative.
"Most projections" We should know better by now.

"Most projections" We should know better by now.
Right, we're talking "if the liberals win." If the polls are wrong again and Trump wins, the "down ballot" voting could quite likely be enough for Republicans to keep the Senate. As long as the Senate or White House stays Republican, there can be deadlock. Trump can veto pretty much anything since an override of the veto is virtually impossible. Or, the Senate with a Republican majority makes it so the bills don't make it to Biden's desk.

If the Senate and WH flip to Democrats, they can do pretty much whatever they want.

A Biden Harris administration will have a difficult time doing much. Every law he signs will end up in court. If they go too far, there will be STRONG civil disobedience. And the pissed off group will not be jobless and young babes. The pissed off group will be the men and women who shovel the fuel into the boiler of this freight train called the United States.
It is a different group of people, when you take something away, than a group of people who want something in the first place.

I don't know ben. I can't get my like minded coworkers to even call their elected officials. Civil disobedience does not exist among the right

I don't know ben. I can't get my like minded coworkers to even call their elected officials. Civil disobedience does not exist among the right
Calling elected officials is not everyone's cup of tea, and also not always effective. But, to your point, i agree that coworkers and others largely believe and privately speak diferent opinions, and at the very least stand silently in a more public forum.
My example is trade unions, for the past ten years the local unions have all supported Liz Warren for Senate, now if you talk to a lot of the vested guys, even apprentices in these unions, their only view that aligns with Warren is that their union supported her.
To the point where, in simple terms, paid days off were offered if they would hold signs. So now it is a moral issue. Whats your price? And guess what most will take the $. Now how they vote who knows? Maybe they just stay home? Also say the opposing candidate is anti union, or at least their unions prep them, as a scare campaign,for layoffs should said candidate get elected over another? again a moral issue arises, are you going to vote for a leader who aligns with your values but could cut or stagnate your wages? Or even worse lead to you being out of work? and again most people are going to go with the guy who is paying them. Or at least not vote for the opposition.
And the more people who are in this position, whether it is trade unions, gov and state employees, or gov socialsecurity, welfare and disability recipients is bad because it means there are fewer living as individuals with any sense of autonomy, liberty, and freedom.

big IF that happens, but do you think it has a 2 year shelf life?
Possibly a strong resurgent right in 2022?

big IF that happens, but do you think it has a 2 year shelf life?
Possibly a strong resurgent right in 2022?
Hard to say, depends on Republicans coming up with a strategy to stop the nation's leftward shift in places like Texas, Arizona, and Georgia. Depends on how many gerrymandering measures and other laws a united Congress and President can pass.

I don't think they'd be able to abolish the Electoral College, since 2/3rds of states would never go for it, but I'm sure they'd look at every possible way to stack the deck.

Hard to say, depends on Republicans coming up with a strategy to stop the nation's leftward shift in places like Texas, Arizona, and Georgia. Depends on how many gerrymandering measures and other laws a united Congress and President can pass.

I don't think they'd be able to abolish the Electoral College, since 2/3rds of states would never go for it, but I'm sure they'd look at every possible way to stack the deck.
They may be smarter, if in power, to wait until midterms have passed, meanwhile building behind the scenes for a post 2022 onslaught en route to 2024.
Pretty damning for people who like freedom almost no matter what though. One way or another just about everything will be legislated and subsequently litigated down to the last semi colon before too long now.

Forgive my skepticism, but as long as people here are paying $275 for Glock mags I don’t expect much effective civil disobedience resulting from the inevitable AWB.

Forgive my skepticism, but as long as people here are paying $275 for Glock mags I don’t expect much effective civil disobedience resulting from the inevitable AWB.
I think paying 275 for a glock mag is a form of civil disobedience. May suck. But nonetheless it is a way to get what you want.
On the right it may not mean gathering and protesting.

I dunno about an all out AWB, at least not in the next few years, that may destroy any real chance at the massive power grab the left is angling for currently.

But ok say there is a federal AWB, no confiscation, what happens?
Nothing except a bunch of ar manufacturers either go out of business or change what they do or who they sell to.
And the left loses votes. I mean it happened before. Why would it be different now?

yeah, my wife reminds me that I used the “because Obama” excuse to acquire a gun or two on more than one occasion during that period.

Back
Top Bottom