What to do with that last few oz of powder?

mac1911

NES Member
I went through the cabinet and realized I have several 1lb bottles with not enough to load in any decent number of reloads. One example
I have 800 grains of VV N150
Which I was using for 7.5 swiss
Do I load up some plinking ammo ?
I also have some 400-600 grains left of other powders.
Need to find that sweet spot so I only have sprinkles left.

You could mix it with new powder (of the same kind). If you are going to stop using those powders, do what Whatluck mentioned. Make a video.

Educate someone who's afraid due to ignorance. Make a long thin line of powder and light it. Non-gun people are surprised it just burns like match head material. It's also fun to have races pitting lines of powder against each other in a 2 line race. The faster burning powders really are faster.

Mixmaster rifle postal match. 10 shots, no duplicate loads. Each cartridge must be a different powder and/or projectile combination. That way you can use those odd projectiles too. Assuming that you have multiple appropriate powders for a given caliber. Heck, switch rifles on the same target to enable using more combos.

I found a gallon container of the corner of the reloading room a couple days ago. Thought it had some rolls of solder in it. Low and behold it’s a gallon of mixed powder.
I’m going to do the old sprinkle on the lawn.

Darn, 800 grains? Keep reloading. I don't dispose of remnants until I'm down to less than 10 grains or so for rifle and 2 grains for pistol.
Even this gets used in something, but I won't reveal my proprietary formulas...

Mixmaster rifle postal match. 10 shots, no duplicate loads. Each cartridge must be a different powder and/or projectile combination. That way you can use those odd projectiles too. Assuming that you have multiple appropriate powders for a given caliber. Heck, switch rifles on the same target to enable using more combos.
I already do that at almost every cmp match!

I found a gallon container of the corner of the reloading room a couple days ago. Thought it had some rolls of solder in it. Low and behold it’s a gallon of mixed powder.
I’m going to do the old sprinkle on the lawn.

After you sprinkle - toss a match at it.
Video please.

Which leads into - take it to a liberal neighbor's lawn - spell out "TRUMP 2020" with it - and then throw the match.
(I've been reading Calvin and Hobbes this morning)

Back
Top Bottom