• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to do with leftover ammo?

Are you really worried about the law? It's your property. Do whatever the hell you want with it. In the unlikely event someone calls the cops on you for giving your new buddy (me) a handful of shotgun shells just deny it and demand pictures. If they provide pictures deny it again. If they say three highly trained government spies watched the transaction from the bushes across the street plead insanity and beg for forgiveness.
But by then I'll have the shells and and I'll have fled to Argentina. Shit, I didn't mean Argentina. I meant somewhere else.
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Maura.
Maura who?
Maura Die Fuhrer!

The title of C. 140 S. 122B in Glidden's book is "Dealers - License to Sell Ammunition"

So if you are NOT a dealer, this doesn't apply to you. When I asked Glidden FTF about selling excess ammo, his expression said it all . . . not a problem to sell it to anyone appropriately licensed to possess it if you aren't a dealer.

Leave it at the gun club in a box that says free. A duck/goose hunter will grab it.

My club gets donations like that quite a bit. I snatched up a box of 3 inch 4 buck 12 gauge loads one time (that's 41 pellets of 4 buck). Damn those pack a whollop. Still have half the box.

Back
Top Bottom