What to do with inoperable rifles

I’ll take the Mosin for a $100 Walmart gift card. You can use it to buy video games and groceries.

Hey op ,Give me the sks lol, ill use parts from it to keep my chinese sks running , if ya shoot 308 i got plenty of steel case 308 here.

K - ar - m - a
K - ar - m - a

(Sung to YMCA by the Village people. I'm too lazy to write more of the lyrics, but you get the idea.... [laugh])

the only fair way, that I can think of, to do a karma on this would be to pick someone from this thread.

also...in

also, how does a rusty bore qualify as "inoperable"??? I thought this thread was about some capitalist rifle, never a Mosin. People dig them up after buried in mud since WWII and shoot them.

Ya. As long as the chamber is clean, they are amazingly tolerant. Even the sks. I'd leave the bolt in tranny+motor oil over night and make sure the firing pin rattled freely. The DI tube is trivial to clear our.

You may need a rubber mallet to release the mosin bolt though. They like to hold on to cases of the chamber is dirty.

If a rifle's bore was that bad (bulged, plugged, etc.) an option is always to dismantle everything and sell the parts less receiver. There is a place that you can mail the non-ffl parts and they will send you a check. Like a car, sometimes the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

Are the bores restorable by the average person or too far gone? There are some new people to the game on here that wouldn't mind putting in the elbow grease. Don't sell them to me though. I would just shoot out the rust
This. I have an m44 with a pitted bore and it shoots thr best of my 3 mosins.

Back
Top Bottom