What to do with inoperable rifles

MaroonedinMA

NES Member
Recently I discovered two of my old milsurps (Yugo SKS and Mosin 91) in my basement. Checking them over thinking I would sell them and clear out some space, I noted that while the outside was sharp on both with no obvious receiver rust, closer inspection with a borescope revealed significant barrel rust on both.

I'm mostly out of the milsurp game and have no interest in restoring them. What would you'all do with them? Sell them? Prop a door open with them? use them as tactical clubs? Distribute them among the neighborhood kids? (Kidding). Make them permanently inoperable? Put them back where I found them for another decade and repeat in 2030?

Thoughts? Oh, and yes, I am clearly an ***hole for letting them get that way. Probably no need to point that out again.

this is what happens when you skimp on cosmoline! You can always rebarrel them or shoot them as is. Either way, sounds like you are not interested in keeping them, just make a classified ad and sell 'em.
Sounds like they shot them with corrosive ammo and put them up

Two doors same booby trap.

Bob

70-CCB535-B1-FB-47-CA-BEB9-E4-C60-A0-AFAA1.jpg

Last edited:
also, how does a rusty bore qualify as "inoperable"??? I thought this thread was about some capitalist rifle, never a Mosin. People dig them up after buried in mud since WWII and shoot them.
I have 3 mosins. 91/30, an m38, and a polish m44. The m44 has a very pitted bore and shoots the best out of all of them.

K - ar - m - a
K - ar - m - a

(Sung to YMCA by the Village people. I'm too lazy to write more of the lyrics, but you get the idea.... [laugh])
Young man! There's a place you can go. I said young man ! When you're short on the dough. You can fix it. An sks or Mosin. You can shoot. Out. The. Rust. LIKE EVERY COMMIE HAS DONE. BOOM BOOM BOOM

Back
Top Bottom