What to do with ammo for a caliber you no longer own?

I love how we let NES make our desicions.

Imagine if you decided for a year you would let NES make all your desicions, what would it look like ...

- Bacon, steak and eggs every day.
- Divorced.
- Banging all your neighbors.
- will have crazy quads from jumping on desks to take a sh*t.
- will have a good throwing arm from throwing keys on roofs.
- all the ammo.
- a gun collection that will make everyone jealous.
- stacks of gold.
- 401K? F*ck that sh*t.
- rental properties.
- more guns.
- more ammo.
- will own a dog or 3.
- will reload for ebery caliber.
- will work 12hr days bexuase if you work less you are a fag and you ain't no fag. Are you?
- will hate .40
- will hate 1911
- freaking out about every virus and possible nuclear war = will own an underground shelter.
- will live in NH or some other free State.
- will own all the land...with gun ranges on every property.
- own a tractor.
- own farm animals (pigs, cows and chickens = bacon, steak and eggs).

Wait ... that doesn't sound too bad. Sounds amazing.
... you don't already do all that stuff... pretty sure may be of the limp wrist 1911 in 40 shooting alternative lifestyles people you speak of

Turn it into the police dept, ammo is dangerous. For god sake's man you don't know what to do with two boxes of ammo?

Find the guy you sold the gun to. He's probably looking for some. Seems like a communications breakdown there.

Took the loss on a rifle after a box of ammo because of $2/round?
You could probably have reloaded for under $1/round and ended up with better ammo

Took the loss on a rifle after a box of ammo because of $2/round?
You could probably have reloaded for under $1/round and ended up with better ammo
This. And for presicion a single stage is good enough. Can easily get a set up for not a lot of money.

I was having a beer with a NES member yesterday, he was talking about getting a rifle in 5.7 but ammo is $1/round. We quickly searched for components and using $100/K for primers the reloading cost came to 0.23/round assuming brass could only be used twice. This was after 5 min of Googling, a more careful search could probably drop the price to 0.20 or less.

Save it....you'll eventually buy another gun in that caliber, or run across someone that uses it.

If you think shooting 6.5 is expensive you need to reload or give up shooting altogether.

Save it....you'll eventually buy another gun in that caliber, or run across someone that uses it.

If you think shooting 6.5 is expensive you need to reload or give up shooting altogether.
I remember buying my last five boxes of 338 lapua, I was thinking $80 a box wasn't too bad at the time.

I had to read his post twice. Makes my head hurt.
I would completely understand if the point was he hated the gun so much he fired one box and moved on.
Looked up the gun and it's about $400-$700 depending on options so the hit was at least $200 likely more.
That's plenty for a basic single stage reloading setup.

I would completely understand if the point was he hated the gun so much he fired one box and moved on.
Looked up the gun and it's about $400-$700 depending on options so the hit was at least $200 likely more.
That's plenty for a basic single stage reloading setup.
That was the point, the rifle had horrible a finish, liked to rust easily, the bolt was all crunchy and sloppy and of course extremely expensive ammo at the time. They just wouldn’t except the ammo with the gun when I tried to sell it to the shop, not quite sure why as it would have been a very easy sell.

That was the point, the rifle had horrible a finish, liked to rust easily, the bolt was all crunchy and sloppy and of course extremely expensive ammo at the time. They just wouldn’t except the ammo with the gun when I tried to sell it to the shop, not quite sure why as it would have been a very easy sell.
Then I agree - if you're shooting something like 6.5 then the gun should fit the ammo.
Crappy fit gun shooting commodity ammo for plinking is fine.
If it's eating $2/round ammo then the gun should be capable of extracting the performance of the round.

guys, i know you like the new dynamic i've been giving off lately, but...this thread just screams for me to revert to my old self. still bubbly but feisty at times...with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom