• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to do to shell casing to let non-LTC friend take it home?

Find a politician that doesn't have an LTC and put them in his/her car then call the swat team and a tv station. Maybe the law will get changed.

Do this on beacon hill every day to a dozen cars... Show the stupidity of the law (or they will insist on putting sn's on every caseing.... For your protection...)

Kind of strange because at every show I've ever been to there's a table where somebody made jewelry out of actual ammo not sure you need a ltc to buy an bracelet made out of .45acp lol

I'm not sure but maybe drilling a hole through the sides of the case near the base so it could no longer be reloaded might make it okay in this state but then again...

Sounds like a good idea but I don't think it will work. Last year while at Four Season's my buddy who does not have a LTC tried to buy a bullet on a key chain, the salesman said he could not sell that item to anyone who does not have a LTC. And that had a big hole drilled through it to for the key ring. What a crazy friggin state we live in.

Indeed. I bought one of those beer bottle openers made out of a 50BMC cartridge for my B-I-L. Had to show my LTC to buy it. Told B-I-L, who is a Cop in NY about it. I think it took him 5 minutes of banging his head on the table to get the "WTActualF" look off his face.

MA - more retard than NY. Ponder on that. Then cry.

R
Where did you buy it from? A store's stupid policy does not mean it's a law. My gf bought one online without an LTC. Amazon even sells and ships them to MA.

Sounds like a good idea but I don't think it will work. Last year while at Four Season's my buddy who does not have a LTC tried to buy a bullet on a key chain, the salesman said he could not sell that item to anyone who does not have a LTC. And that had a big hole drilled through it to for the key ring. What a crazy friggin state we live in.

No law abiding citizen is getting jammed up for carrying a decorative drilled tube of brass without an LTC.

Can you point to a single incident where someone got jail/prison time for possession of an empty case with no other concurrent offenses?

Just one case is all I am looking for.

A nerf gun becomes a firearm if on school property.

Here’s an example of an arrest and charge for possession of a spent case. I’m not sure the final disposition of the case. Maybe you guys know a place to look for case law to find out???

Framingham man arrested after firing shotgun

Here’s an example of an arrest and charge for possession of a spent case. I’m not sure the final disposition of the case. Maybe you guys know a place to look for case law to find out???

Framingham man arrested after firing shotgun

I'm not a reloader but can you even reload a spent shotgun shell? I usually see the plastic cracked. What would you do with it?

Conversely, in AZ my wife gets pulled over in her car the day after I drove it for qual day. Trooper pulls her over for speeding, which she was, 20 over. Trooper asks to look in truck, she says sure and pops it. Trooper sits back there for a moment or two and approaches her. "Excuse me mam, but um, there's like 500 rounds of ammo in your trunk". No gun drawn, no stupid, just a question.

Can you point to a single incident where someone got jail/prison time for possession of an empty case with no other concurrent offenses?

Just one case is all I am looking for.

A nerf gun becomes a firearm if on school property.

I can't find the link, but there was a Framigham incident a few years ago, where someone was arrested for possession of a fired shotshell. I'm sure it was a "charge of opportunity," but it was the charge. I don't know if it went to trial.

Army surplus stores sell a .50 BMG shell casing pocket folding knife.

That is NOT compliant any more than a spent .22RF case is! Neither can be reused, but the law does not make any distinction between reusable components and non-reusable components. Of course anyone that desires can push it to try to make the courts determine what is OK and what is a felony?
What if I cut up the shell and make an 80% ghost shell?

I'm not a reloader but can you even reload a spent shotgun shell? I usually see the plastic cracked. What would you do with it?

As long as the casing is in good condition, yes you can reload a spent shotgun hull. Several times, actually. There comes a point where they don't crimp right or start to split, then it's time to toss them in the trash.

Kind of strange because at every show I've ever been to there's a table where somebody made jewelry out of actual ammo. Not sure you need a ltc to buy an bracelet made out of .45acp. lol
My BIL sent me a .50 Cal bottle opener. From Canada. no one's authoritay seemed to have been disrespected.

Yes you can, at least some of them such as MrHappy said Winchester AA, Remington STS and Gun Club. You can usually reload them several times. Some shells aren't good for reloading.

The punk rocker guy on a MBTA bus in Allston was forced into 80 hours of community service over a belt with fake plastic shell casings. They held him for a day or two in jail too.

Yes you can, at least some of them such as MrHappy said Winchester AA, Remington STS and Gun Club. You can usually reload them several times. Some shells aren't good for reloading.

Basically slug hulls and any specialty ones are not really reloadable since they have weird dimensions. Even shitty Winchester red target hulls can be reloaded, but you usually can't get many loads out of them because of poor construction. But yes, if you want to reload shotgun shells, then AAs or STSs are the way to go. PS: Gun Clubs are just slightly cheaper versions of the STS hulls, they just fall apart a little faster. You can use the same reloading data for them.

Back
Top Bottom