What to bring home?

Hey Dennis, we didn't mean to mess up your thead.
These past few days of what if, when and how posts have us cracking up, covid style.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. [smile]

if it is a question of buy low and sell high..

I think the best bet is to grab pre-pre-pre bans. In many cases 94 era ban guns are just “old” stuff in free states where you can get the same thing brand new for the same money..

so ar/ ak/ fal/ aug etc...

That’s an attractive set of wind chimes you got there ;)
Ya know, in the 18 years or so I’ve owned them they never chimed. That is going to change.
It was a gun I admired when I was early in the sport with no waste/toy money.
Came upon this for IIRC for 300 bucks. Light use and missing nuts. Andrew sent me a link and as I wrote.
These will chime.

Edit. The finish is amazing. Not my Python blue but a deep rich shiny black. The workmanship is stellar. I say this as a former prototype/tool maker/ machinist.

So the kids have a date to head home from Missouri early next year. My son/SIL is asking what guns he should "bring back" with him that would be hard or expensive to acquire in mASS.

I'm already loaded up for Glocks and he's got a 19, so I'm not seeing a whole lot there. (He can shoot my Glocks plus he has his own.). He's concerned he may get here and think, "Damn, I should have bought that before I left."

If it were you, what would you be looking to get????

Pre-Ban Glock and AR Mags. I always seem to pick a few up on the cheap every time I'm out that way. I ended up with enough that I don't really even look anymore, but sometimes come across them. Besides mags i'd grab any AR15/10 lowers if I was so inclined. Probably a good PCC that you can get pre-ban mags for as well.

My daughter is in college in St. Louis, and I go out there to visit her at least once a year. In fact, I drove out there with her a couple of months ago. What do I bring home from Missouri every time I go, that I can't get here? A couple dozen of these (although a different variety):

krispy-kreme-today-main-181205_352d8a57818502990cb54f926a85a04b.fit-760w.jpg

Frank

Hey Dennis, we didn't mean to mess up your thead.
These past few days of what if, when and how posts have us cracking up, covid style.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. [smile]

Oh stop. Messing up a thread is par for the course at NES. I expect 8 serious answers and 42 goofy ones. Hell, I'm usually a goofy answer guy myself.

My daughter is in college in St. Louis, and I go out there to visit her at least once a year. In fact, I drove out there with her a couple of months ago. What do I bring home from Missouri every time I go, that I can't get here? A couple dozen of these (although a different variety):

krispy-kreme-today-main-181205_352d8a57818502990cb54f926a85a04b.fit-760w.jpg

Frank

Not just no, but hell no. I'd pay $145 for a pre-ban U-notch G17 mag before I ate another KK donut. Especially after it sat in the car for 2 days on the drive home from SL. Yikes!

Well made glaze DRIES. Poorly made glaze turns to glue. (Although I think it has something to do with the oil content in the donut more than the glaze itself.)

I may send the boy out for some mag shopping. The one thing I thought would be wise to bring back is a pre-ban AR, but it looks like prices are just crazy no matter what on those. And he'd have to really search, which I don't think he's inclined to do.

I'm just glad I'm not missing "THE" gun. I'm usually pretty good about personally buying things I find cool. He asked me about cool stuff and I thought, "Hmmm, I don't think there is anything left."

Maybe the BX gun store has a G44 for him to bring back.

Back
Top Bottom