What to bring home?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
So the kids have a date to head home from Missouri early next year. My son/SIL is asking what guns he should "bring back" with him that would be hard or expensive to acquire in mASS.

I'm already loaded up for Glocks and he's got a 19, so I'm not seeing a whole lot there. (He can shoot my Glocks plus he has his own.). He's concerned he may get here and think, "Damn, I should have bought that before I left."

If it were you, what would you be looking to get????

I’d say it’s preference based on his motivation — obviously anything he wants for his personal collection. But... while Glocks are obtainable in MA they command a fair market value since they’re not on ‘the list’ so if he were entrepreneurial and had a few extra dollars, he could probably turn a small profit selling off parts of his private collection over time by having a few extra of those harder to come by items... There will always be a market here for pre-94 magazines as opposed to other parts of the country where 30 round P-Mags are fine to own, so if he can get pre-ban for short money he could look to turn a profit there — Like I said, all depends on motivation.

I’m reminded of Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld saving up soda cans to bring them to Michigan for the $0.10 deposit, LOL

really not a big deal anymore. with the exception of "assault weapon" related anything, most mainstream off list pistols are obtainable here if one looks deep enough. now it just becomes a matter of saving that massachusetts premium we're all too familiar with.

Actually, if you really want to make a wad of dough... bring back 9mm ammo...
i'm stupid, i was under the impression the shortage was nation wide, not just indigenous to massachusetts. this could be a great cottage industry for a retiree, running ammo across the lines. fueling the truck and now accepting orders...cash only.

really not a big deal anymore. with the exception of "assault weapon" related anything, most mainstream off list pistols are obtainable here if one looks deep enough. now it just becomes a matter of saving that massachusetts premium we're all too familiar with.

i'm stupid, i was under the impression the shortage was nation wide, not just indigenous to massachusetts. this could be a great cottage industry for a retiree, running ammo across the lines. fueling the truck and now accepting orders...cash only.
I'm sure you'd have a better chance in The Big Mo, than Woburn... [rofl2]

Anything Colt, Wilson Combat, etc. High end or low volume manufacturers that don't bother with the MA bullshit.
Also any off list revolvers, they are harder to come by.
Of course, any AR-Lowers, pre-ban magazines of any type that he can dig up, and I'd say he should keep a spare G19 for himself. They aren't hard to get but its more of a pain and they are usually more expensive here.

If they smoke or vape tell them to stock up on that too lol

A five gallon bucket of pulling lube.
Trust me it's the only thing that makes our MA laws remotely tolerable.
Easy, slower, slower now..Almost there...Ahhh. That wasn't so bad. [smile]
Who said Maura doesn't like men?[rofl2]

Massachusetts, it's like a prison shower scene when it comes to our 2A rights![grenade]

Last edited:
A five gallon bucket of pulling lube.
Trust me it's the only thing that makes our MA laws remotely tolerable.
Easy, slower, slower now..Ahhh. That wasn't so bad. [smile]
Who said Maura doesn't like men?[rofl2]

Massachusetts, it's like a prison shower scene when it comes to our 2A rights![grenade]

well that turned the corner quick, didn’t it?

Come on this was a loaded question.
How much ammo is enough..
What semi-fully automatic to buy.
What to do with this million dollar scratch ticket I found in the dumpster.
Guilty or not guilty?
Are Glocks better than a 1911?
Will 9mm stop a grizzly?

Come on this was a loaded question.
How much ammo is enough..
What semi-fully automatic to buy.
What to do with this million dollar scratch ticket I found in the dumpster.
Guilty or not guilty?
Are Glocks better than a 1911?
Will 9mm stop a grizzly?
With this one post, Derek can put NES to rest... [rofl2]

/forum

LOL. You guys never fail to disappoint. Great responses.

half a dozen AR Lowers, but good luck finding them anywhere in this environment

I've thought about that. But he's not interested in building them. Neither am I. I actually looked around online to see if pre-ban AR lowers were cheaper out-of-mASS. Nope. Still premium right now. :(

why do they want to come back here???

My charming personality. ;)

I’d say it’s preference based on his motivation — obviously anything he wants for his personal collection. But... while Glocks are obtainable in MA they command a fair market value since they’re not on ‘the list’ so if he were entrepreneurial and had a few extra dollars, he could probably turn a small profit selling off parts of his private collection over time by having a few extra of those harder to come by items... There will always be a market here for pre-94 magazines as opposed to other parts of the country where 30 round P-Mags are fine to own, so if he can get pre-ban for short money he could look to turn a profit there — Like I said, all depends on motivation.

I’m reminded of Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld saving up soda cans to bring them to Michigan for the $0.10 deposit, LOL

I have a buddy in SC that, while we had some gub shows, was grabbing $25 round-notch Glock mags for me. Got me a half-dozen or so out of 2-3 shows. Too bad that that gambit won't be going anywhere any time soon. I just saw a G17 round-notch for $145 on the XC. Crazy. CRAZY!

But my suspicion is right: There really isn't anything "needed" out there. Those rare uni-ma-corns and such. Except pre-ban AR lowers and pre-ban Glock/AR mags. ;)

Everything he can afford to bring. As for running ammo as a retiree I'm reminded of Clint Eastwood running drugs in The Mule.

Back
Top Bottom