• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What the Times Doesn’t Get about the Second Amendment-Ted Cruz

I know there are alot of doubters out there, even on this forum, but I remain convinced that this guy is the real deal. When is the last time a presidential candidate has been this forward and unabashedly unapologetic about his belief in the RKBA???

Well said. James Madison's essay made my head hurt though.

I would love to see a candidate actually stand for something, rather than try to please the middle ground with wishy-washy stances on everything.

I know there are alot of doubters out there, even on this forum, but I remain convinced that this guy is the real deal. When is the last time a presidential candidate has been this forward and unabashedly unapologetic about his belief in the RKBA???

Senator Paul is pretty forward and unabashedly unapologetic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/11/rand-paul-obama-gun-control_n_3260890.html

http://www.redstate.com/diary/freed...d-paul-strong-second-amendment-according-nra/

ETA

I'm for Rand Paul, I know he's got to play some politics with the conservative base, but I really, really want the show-down with him and Hildog. He's our only hope.

With Rand, I still feel like I'm choosing between a douche and a shit sandwich, but I still have hope that he may actually 100% agree with his father on everything, and this is all just the plan he and his father put together to get him in the white house.

I could be delusional, but I will say that I've got more hope for Rand than I've ever had for any (realistic) candidate in my lifetime.

With Rand, I still feel like I'm choosing between a douche and a shit sandwich, but I still have hope that he may actually 100% agree with his father on everything, and this is all just the plan he and his father put together to get him in the white house.
I could be delusional, but I will say that I've got more hope for Rand than I've ever had for any (realistic) candidate in my lifetime.

I think the difference with Rand is this: he'll pander a bit to social conservatives in the primaries, and then in the election will really relax on that, which will be good for independents and libertarian minded democrats, while being staunch on fiscal conservatism.

At least this is my hope.

Usually, the opposite happens.

He has to come in soft on some of these issues if he has any chance of pulling in the moderates. He's never going to take NY or California, so he has to be seen as favorable to other states to make up for that.

He has to come in soft on some of these issues if he has any chance of pulling in the moderates.

"Moderates" just need to make up their minds whether they want a liar/criminal in the WH or someone who will tell the truth and will stay true to his/her principles. I think this is the first election cycle in a long time where we have a chance to get a true conservative in the WH. We don't need our side to do any "pandering" at all. Let the Hildabeast do that - that's all she does anyway. People are tired of being lied to and mis-led; even so called moderates.

Back
Top Bottom