• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

what the hell?

shootback

NES Member
I was at the range on Saturday shooting out to the 100 yard targets when all of a sudden a fox came over the top of the berm and sat down five feet from my target and just watched. I checked it out with my binoculars and it looked healthy. I waited a few minutes watching it. It didn't move so I started shooting to the other side of the range. Still it just sat there watching me? After a while it finaly got up and walked back over the berm and disapeared. I was able to take a few pics with my phone but it is difficult to see it as it is a fair distance away. If I can figure out how to get them from my phone I will post them. Very odd thing that I have never seen before.

In the fox world, Jim lost a bet Friday night with his rival Nick that he could wheel Mixie to his layer by the end of the night. To Nicks delight and Jim's horror, she peed in his face. Nick's side of the bet was that if he couldn't wheel her Jim had to face the human's firing squad. The rest as they say, is history!

(Full disclosure. I didn't sleep well last night and I haven't had my coffee yet!) [smile]

In the fox world, Jim lost a bet Friday night with his rival Nick that he could wheel Mixie to his layer by the end of the night. To Nicks delight and Jim's horror, she peed in his face. Nick's side of the bet was that if he couldn't wheel her Jim had to face the human's firing squad. The rest as they say, is history!

(Full disclosure. I didn't sleep well last night and I haven't had my coffee yet!) [smile]
[laugh2]

The wildlife know that club rules and hunting laws prevent us from shooting them on the range! [laugh]

I thought about it for a split second and then thought better of shooting him. You never know who might be working for the .gov these days.

I've seen military ranges with 10s of thousands of rounds already issued out held off for hours or shut down for the day for buffalo and the like.

Mike

I think the animals know when they are out of season.

Once I went to the range and there were at least a half dozen wild turkeys all downrange on the left side. I cracked off a shot on the right side of the range at a gong or something, and then they decided that they shouldn't be hanging around, but they moved at what I would call a "leisurely" pace. They were not in a rush. [laugh]

-Mike

The wildlife know that club rules and hunting laws prevent us from shooting them on the range! [laugh]

One of my co-workers grew up as a kid at Fort Benning. His father was in the Army. He said that every year when hunting season started - all of the deer herds would immediately move onto the artillery range.

The artillery range - obviously - was off - limits to the hunters.

One of my cats used to do this stunt where when he saw the neighbors walking their dogs he would go out and sit down on the sidewalk, and by sit I mean that stance where they fold their paws under the body - like they're going to be there for a while.

The dog would see the cat - and start straining at the leash. The dog would get closer....... closer ....... closer - and then at the very last second, when the dog was like 2 feet away the cat would get up in smooth motion and leap in the woods.

I saw more than one person take a header into the ditch beside that sidewalk and have their dog almost pull their arm out of the socket as the dog went crazy after the cat.

Don't let people tell you animals aren't smart. And that they don't screw with you just for fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom