What the hell is up with glock mag prices?

[...](the sources, where these things come from at origin, they're regarded as near trash, especially U notch mags)[...]
QFT

I gave one of those U-notch no-drop-free mags to a MA-based NES member as thanks for the 1hr loan of a really nice sight pusher tool at one of the NH NES range events a buncha years back. Was worth it to me. Saved me a couple hundred and I never liked those mags. Win/Win

If any one wants to sell me square notches or happy sticks at a non-butt-rape price out of the goodness of their heart, ill take them.
But until Hell freezes over it's a free market.

Why is it a free market when it is not free?

A free market is a wonderful thing. The going rate for 9mm unotch mags appears to be in the $90 range. square notch low markings $150+.

I remember selling all the ones out of my personal collection for ~$50 each 5+ years ago. I would say "they aren't making these anymore" but you never know

LE marked magazines were almost certainly manufacturered during the 10 year AWB 1994 - 2004.

^This. There was no reason to label anything LE only until after 9/13/1994. If its so marked on whatever brand mag you're buying, its post ban.

. But Colt 32rd mags prices have been pretty stable. Those provide much better value than the 33rd Glock mags in the MA.
The going rate for Colt mags is buffered by the fact that ubiquitous cheap pre-ban UZI mags can easily be converted to run in a AR15 PCC rifle designed to accept Colt mags, with the only compromise being the lack of the hold open on last round feature.

In USPSA competition, you have already made a mistake if you are reloading from slide lock, so this does not really make a difference. I have some UZI mags for my AR, but exactly zero Colt 9mm AR mags.

I agree - surprised nobody has cranked out 10,000 "pre ban" mags for the nazi states. Wouldnt be hard to make them legit within a reasonable doubt.

Supply vs, Demand.......with lots more demand these days. I 've seen a lot of old UZI mags for sale, but I Dont know anybody with an UZI today?
But I do know a l ot of people with Glocks&Glock mag pistol caliber carbines like the Ruger pcc

For 70% more capacity in my daily carry I'm willing to pay a few bucks. It's for defending my life -- how many dumber things have I spent a couple hundred on?

Why not just drive to a free state and buy as many as you want at free state prices?
Possessing post-ban standard-cap mags is a felony in Mass. Doesn't matter where you bought them.

Possessing post-ban standard-cap mags is a felony in Mass. Doesn't matter where you bought them.
While this is largely ignored, I'd bet that the ballistics unit would be all over the mag issue on any gun used in self defense by someone without immunity. If the shoot is clean, use the mag issue to drive a felony charge and coerce a plea bargain.

I sold my mint square notch G17 mags a month or two ago for $90. They went super quick but I'm not looking to make money off NESers.

Kind of regret it now cause I'm looking at PCCs, lol. But I kept one just for kicks.

Popularity drives price.

I recently purchased 20 magazines for a PTR-91, 20 round pre-ban.

Paid $4.50 each for them, shipping included.

Its called a Massachusetts upcharge. Literally everything in the classifieds Is overpriced.
Upper receivers are overpriced and they aren't even regulated.
I guess if your uneducated you could fall for that crap. They are looking to fool the fools.

My 10mm u- notches run great and drops free, probably the better of the U-notches, they have the metal lining, mostly.

For 70% more capacity in my daily carry I'm willing to pay a few bucks. It's for defending my life -- how many dumber things have I spent a couple hundred on?

Whatever. Living in fear of stupid ass Mass gun nonsense is for the sheep. I'm not getting raped on mag prices.

Waiting for that day when we see "WTT: Preban G19 square notch mag for your G19"
tenor.gif

This has driven me to looking at the C-5 for a PCC, which uses MP5 mags. There’s not bolt hold open, but $60 per 30 round vs $300-$400 for a Glock 30 rounder is enough of a reason.

But I am willing to splurge on a few Glock mags for a defense gun.

But hey, if anybody only wants to pay $80 for a square notch preban, there are plenty of preban .40 mags on the market that nobody is touching :D

Whatever. Living in fear of stupid ass Mass gun nonsense is for the sheep. I'm not getting raped on mag prices.

I think you can find a good compromise. Carrying a post ban mag is a bad idea cause if you ever need to use your carry gun they're gonna nail you for sure, and a felony mag possession could change a good shoot to a bad one. If you're gonna do it at least pick a mag that's hard to tell it's post ban.

Yep, I made a one-time purchase equivalent to a nice restaurant meal to avoid committing a lazy felony or accepting crippled magazine capacity. Typical sheep behavior.

Everyone draws a line somewhere for what defines unnecessary risk. At least have enough confidence in your position to not insult those who manage their own affairs differently.

Look at the jump in AR prices as soon as Healy made her little announcement. Right here in the classifieds overnight, ARs went from $400- $600 to $1500- $2k+. Gun people have never been afraid to screw gun people in the name of capitalism.

Yep, I made a one-time purchase equivalent to a nice restaurant meal to avoid committing a lazy felony or accepting crippled magazine capacity. Typical sheep behavior.

Everyone draws a line somewhere for what defines unnecessary risk. At least have enough confidence in your position to not insult those who manage their own affairs differently.
I reserve the right to my opinion. And my opinion is that if you spend more than $25 on a Glock magazine you're a silly sheep who's afraid of silly laws.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom