What the hell is up with glock mag prices?

Am i the only one that thinks this is absurd as of late? Please tell me no one is paying effin $150 for a pre ban glock mag. There was no warehouse on fire full of pre bans that I'm aware so what gives?

Eh, one seller posting something high doesn’t necessarily mean that’s where the market it. There are more for sale in the $50-80 range.

There are also AR mags listed for $45 each, which given that they’re ~$12 new.....

Am i the only one that thinks this is absurd as of late? Please tell me no one is paying effin $150 for a pre ban glock mag. There was no warehouse on fire full of pre bans that I'm aware so what gives?

I hope that $150 was at least for a 30rd giggle stick. My theory is that ever since PCC's blew up a few years ago and that many have Glock mag options, that prebans have since exploded in price. So what was once just a Glock pistol owner demand for prebans is now a Glock pistol AND PPC owner demand.

And while there was no warehouse fire, there is a finite amount of prebans in the wild. Sure, old stock is still out there and tends to gravitate to MA, but as the well starts drying up and existing mags start breaking, the demand will only drive this price up from here unless (and this will never happen) we get our own freedom week in MA.

Eh, one seller posting something high doesn’t necessarily mean that’s where the market it. There are more for sale in the $50-80 range.

There are also AR mags listed for $45 each, which given that they’re ~$12 new.....

You'll only get u-notch Glock mags in that price range or higher. Double that price for square notch mags especially if G19 or G17. It's been 25 years since the onset of the 1994 AWB (that expired in 2004 for most of the country), so the supply of pre-ban Glock mags has either dried up or people are selling them slowly one or two at a time. There are two NES members that I know of that sell them here and/or on Gunbroker.

Basically the market is a bunch of enterprising capitalists run around grabbing them up on the cheap (the sources, where these things come from at origin, they're regarded as near trash, especially U notch mags) and these guys will flip them for 3-6 times what they paid for them, because people are willing to pay stupid prices for stuff. The time to get these mags was between like 2004-2008 before the flippers went full retard and started buying them all and driving the prices up. Because the cost of acquisition was relatively cheap, they just sit on them forever until they get what they want. Chances are some of the flippers will suck for a lower price if they can move more than one at once.

-Mike

Last edited:
$150? You're paying way too much. I found a whole bunch of 15-rounders for my G23 up at Riley's in Hooksett. Like $10 bucks each, in their "used mag" box.
Condition was excellent and they function great!

iu

$150? You're paying way too much. I found a whole bunch of 15-rounders for my G23 up at Riley's in Hooksett. Like $10 bucks each, in their "used mag" box.
Condition was excellent and they function great!

iu

That's a fantastic deal, but a bit of a lucky find. I will say though that 9mm Glock preban mags are the ones that fetch premiums on average, with the other calibers being substantially cheaper. This just goes hand in hand with my PCC comment. PCC's are hot now, especially in 9mm, so Glock preban 9mm are going to be the most expensive.

LE marked magazines were almost certainly manufacturered during the 10 year AWB 1994 - 2004.

given enough time, there will eventually be only one Glock pre-ban magazine left in the world, I wonder what it will cost?

it will be Karma'ed. only post in once.

Doesn't matter if it's Preban or not. Any dickead cop who wants to jam u up will. They drag your ass into court and make you prove they are preban.
In the people's commiewealth, you are guilty, period, burden of proof is on you....
Unless you're already a criminal with a long rap sheet. Then you get off, and get a pay bump in your EBT account to boot. Firearm? What firearm. There was no firearm involved in that robbery. Victim of society. Evil white taxpayer will go to jail instead

I do use pre-ban springs, followers and floor-plates in them though, so I'm only 25% breaking the law.

25% is pretty darn good for me...

I hope that $150 was at least for a 30rd giggle stick. My theory is that ever since PCC's blew up a few years ago and that many have Glock mag options, that prebans have since exploded in price. So what was once just a Glock pistol owner demand for prebans is now a Glock pistol AND PPC owner demand.

The asking price for sq notch mags more than doubled in the last couple of years. The popularity of PCCs may have contributed to it. But Colt 32rd mags prices have been pretty stable. Those provide much better value than the 33rd Glock mags in the MA. The bigger factor may that G17s, G19s, P80s are more readily available for most MA buyers than before. Also at this rate, the mag is going to cost more than the gun. Love it. Hope it keeps going up.

The asking price for sq notch mags more than doubled in the last couple of years. The popularity of PCCs may have contributed to it. But Colt 32rd mags prices have been pretty stable.

The difference is guys buying those colt mags are keyed in (more likely to refuse to overpay) vs. glock mag buyers more likely to be nippleheads, and the flippers know this, and camp + capitalize on it. The cost of acquisition by the flippers for the glock mags is also way cheaper, anyone who has colt mags in bulk (at the source level) isn't going to dump them for cheap money.

Let's put it this way, if I am a flipper and I drop $1000 to buy glock mags, if I have good sources I will have tons of mags to sell. The $1000 isn't going to go nearly as far on colt mags because the acquisition cost is going to be higher to begin with.

-Mike

I do use pre-ban springs, followers and floor-plates in them though, so I'm only 25% breaking the law.

25% is pretty darn good for me...

(I think you mean post-ban) I do this too, repairing my mags. The springs wear out, and the followers get worn on the skirts from rubbing against metal shavings. The baseplates get mangled from practicing my reloads. But then the bodies get messed up and I end up replacing those too.

If the price gets high enough it will open the market to fakes.

I'm surprised the chinese haven't started pumping out U-notch, or low marking clones or something, then again at this point they have what, one or two states to sell them to? [laugh]

Honestly it would be hysterical if Glock had started cranking out loads of new mags made with ancient molds just to f*** with the antis, then packed them on a card that said Pre-94. Then just cue the benny hill theme....

-Mike

The difference is guys buying those colt mags are keyed in (more likely to refuse to overpay) vs. glock mag buyers more likely to be nippleheads, and the flippers know this, and camp + capitalize on it. The cost of acquisition by the flippers for the glock mags is also way cheaper, anyone who has colt mags in bulk (at the source level) isn't going to dump them for cheap money.

Let's put it this way, if I am a flipper and I drop $1000 to buy glock mags, if I have good sources I will have tons of mags to sell. The $1000 isn't going to go nearly as far on colt mags because the acquisition cost is going to be higher to begin with.

-Mike

True. It's also goes back to demand. How many Colt compatible guns are there in the wild at any given time in MA vs how many Glock compatible guns? Less of a pool of people fighting over the remaining prebans. No feeding frenzy = no ability to massively pad prices. I've noticed the same with MP5 mags. Genuine 30rd steel HK mages, unused, with date stamp can be had for $50., so seeing anywhere between $150-300 for a Glock 31rd mag makes me sick to my stomach. People who go PCC should start exploring Colt and MP5 mag options, 'cause they're out there.

The difference is guys buying those colt mags are keyed in (more likely to refuse to overpay) vs. glock mag buyers more likely to be nippleheads, and the flippers know this, and camp + capitalize on it.

-Mike

Agreed.

Glock mag buyers = nippleheads
Colt mag buyers = smartflints

This seller is selfless. He has Colt mags for sale. In case the nippleheads want to pay $200 for Glock mags, he has them too. He cares for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom