What the hell is this? The Tokarev Pistol

nightpoison

NES Member
So I'm helping my wife's family out with some unwanted firearms. One of the pistols that they found in the house is "The Tokarev Pistol".
PXL_20221201_020210837.jpg
With the name, it sounded like a Russian pistol, but it appears to have been designed by a company out of Tucson, Arizona, but built in China by Norinco. Anyone, have any information on it? How much might it be worth? I have the original box, manual, three magazines, and what appears to be a spare barrel. I even have the Common Wealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Safety Customer Record. Which is this strange translucent parchment paper.

213 213C M-54-I

The Norinco 213 was a Tokarev clone chambered in 9mm, the 213C had barrels and magazines for 9mm as well as 7.62x25 and the 54-1 had just the 7.62x25 barrel. Available in blue or two-tone. Safety is on the left side up top.
Came in a nifty blue box with styrofoam packaging. I haven't had the urge to fire this one yet...
1669861937208.jpeg

1669861984423.png

The Norinco 213 was a Tokarev clone chambered in 9mm, the 213C had barrels and magazines for 9mm as well as 7.62x25 and the 54-1 had just the 7.62x25 barrel. Available in blue or two-tone. Safety is on the left side up top.
Came in a nifty blue box with styrofoam packaging. I haven't had the urge to fire this one yet...

yep thats it, including the packaging.

I don't recall a parchment receipt. It was just the blue card. Parchments were for FFL transfers back then. (ammo too)

I think more into the 70's, middle to late.
You most certainly could be right, cause im getting older and that was a long time ago......
So long ago that in 74 when i was 18, i had a pistol permit for personal protection and i carried a s&w mod 19 .357. Only problem was my dad had to buy ammo for me cause i wasnt 21.......go figure......

I don't recall a parchment receipt. It was just the blue card. Parchments were for FFL transfers back then. (ammo too)

I think more into the 70's, middle to late.
1980's when I started buying guns:

Parchment was your FFL reciept when you bought from a dealer. I think one went to the FFL, one to the state, and you got the parchment.

No one sent them in or was supposed to either..

No one ever got a parchment receipt for ammo that I know of. Ammo was the same as it is now, buy off the shelf with ID.

Blue cards for when you sold a gun and did a FTF transfer. Many people did not do them, I don't even know if was actual law or just record keeping. And I think Blue Cards were a bit after 1980.....that I recall. Most FTF transfers back then were like free state now. Do whatever you want. I don't recall if there was an amount you couldn't go over....like there is today. I didn't sell anything back then so I don't know alot about the laws of selling back then.

Back to the Tokarev.....they are a fun little pistol, I bought one back when you could get super cheap ammo. Its a little like a .357 sig round.

Last edited:
Sigh...I remember when Tokarevs were $89.99 in Shotgun News. I always wanted one, never picked one up. My roomate had a Makarov for while, that was a cool little gun.

Back
Top Bottom