What the F is up with S&W customer service??

So I picked up a Performance center Core 9L last week , with the Shield Redo dot already installed from the factory.
Loving the gun s far, looks like I got a good one as it shoots very accurately, still no trigger reset , but I have an Apex Ram ready to in (amazing that S&W refuses to do this minor fix to their triggers, are they in bed with Apex or what?)
Anyway my Red dot did not come with a cover ( I didn't notice until I got home)
so I went to the S&W website and entered a support request asking for a cover.
10 minutes later I went on a live chat with a S&W support rep and explained my problem. He took all of ten minutes to see
if they have them in stock, get my mailing address and send it out to me . It arrived today.
meanwhile I get an email from "Brett" at S&W responding to my email request telling me that S&W doesn't carry that individual part and to email the manufacturers in England and get one directly from them.
Did Brett even bover to check? WTF?
Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me with S&W support

They're too busy sending out replacement Shield RSA's...

Seems like the bigger a company is, the more you get the runaround when dealing with customer service. Ask 10 people, get 10 different answers. It must be hard to keep everyone in the loop and deliver consistent, accurate information and service.

I recently had to send a gun to S&W, took them a week just to check it in, then they could not give me any ETA on when it would be checked out, just the canned response of "we are running about 6-8 weeks turnaround" or something like that. In the end they determined it was 'unrepairable' and would send me a replacement. When? They couldn't say, next production run. Then they shipped it without notifying me, but thankfully I gave the FFL a heads up to look out for it. They came through in the end, but the process was frustrating.

I have no idea why people are so infatuated with a company that's known to have QC issues, poor CS, and garbage triggers that have to replaced right away. Flamesuit on.

I have no idea why people are so infatuated with a company that's known to have QC issues, poor CS, and garbage triggers that have to replaced right away. Flamesuit on.

Because **** Ruger revolvers with a rusty shovel. No idea why people buy their plastic shit tho.

You want to feel better about S&W customer service? Call Savage Arms customer service.

Great experience with savage out in Westfield. Bought rifle new off gunbroker. Stripped for cleaning, induced a failure within he action. Not only did they take care of that, covered all shipping and threw in a couple magazines. Took a couple weeks but very good experience.

smith does have it's moments but on the whole i've been pretty happy with them. someone above said call instead of online cs, very true. especially if you have a complicated issue.

I didn't say a word about Ruger [rofl] I love that your only defense for S&W is to attack another company - proves my point.

I mean, the only reason to buy a Smith is you're buying a revolver. In which case you buy a Smith and all the shit that comes with it, or you buy a piece of shit Ruger.

Anyway, my Red dot did not come with a cover (I didn't notice until I got home) so I went to the S&W website and entered a support request asking for a cover. 10 minutes later, I went on a live chat with a S&W support rep and explained my problem. He took all of ten minutes to see if they have them in stock, get my mailing address and send it out to me . It arrived today.
Meanwhile, I get an email from "Brett" at S&W responding to my email request telling me that S&W doesn't carry that individual part and to email the manufacturers in England and get one directly from them. Did Brett even bother to check? WTF? Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me with S&W support
I, too, have dealt with Brett and gotten absolutely nowhere... nothing but unhelpful answers and frustration. Don't deal with him. Deal with someone else and you are guaranteed to do better. Even if it takes multiple calls or emails, it's worth it. Brett is useless. [thinking]

I mean, the only reason to buy a Smith is you're buying a revolver. In which case you buy a Smith and all the shit that comes with it, or you buy a piece of shit Ruger.

S&W Revolvers are awesome, if you get them before they started sucking - the way I tell if it is a good S&W, I look for the firing pin on the hammer. If that isn't there, it's probably a piece of shit. I had better luck with my Taurus revolver than my new S&Ws.

As for autos - I'm not a fan of pieces falling out of my guns, and when I fill out the online form, and tape the broken pieces to the gun I don't expect a call asking what's wrong with it. (It was probably Brett)

S&W can take that previously mentioned rusty shovel and go ATM.

s&w is already on our boycott list, i just can't remember for what. [grin]

Beauty-Shot-1024x680.jpg

I would say. . . The Mass Hole.

in general website based CS is a joke. pick up the phone.

Yeah. But. . . . . . . . companies are PUSHING people to their websites for CS. Then they have terrible CS. Just don't allow it OR do it right. Gosh. I love the "we always get back to people within 24 hours." 3 days later. . . .

A few weeks ago, I needed a landscape contractor. In my web search, I noticed a company that had a FB page. FB tells me they respond within 1 hour usually. So I say, "Wow! They respond to FB fast, I'll contact them there!" They did respond within an hour. Promised to be there the next day to take a look. Never showed. FB'd them a couple of days later. Lame apology and promise to swing by that FOLLOWING day. Noshow. WTF,O??? Do people not want work? More work = more pay!

But. . . . as far as S&W CS, some guy missing an entry that you got that part - NBD.

I have had great luck with S&W customer service for 29 years. Only issue I have ever had is questions not properly answered via email.

Through phone... In person... And with repairs... I have been very pleased with S&W.

Now when my Dept. has had issues with our GLOCKS... That's another story! S&W hands down was better with issues with Department owned handguns.

the online Chat rep came through form ................the emailed "Case" did not
Next time definitely a phone call.....hopefully there will not be a next time

Fast forward five years, they're still having problems:

View: https://youtu.be/R8bLGHXHOH4

That guy is retarded but not shocked S&W is sucking like that. They figured out after Sandy Hook they could let the QC go to shit and they’d still do okay even if their defect rate jumps a few points. They’re not wrong, given that most of their base probably shoots very little or some guns never even get fired. S&W clearly has done a little brand whoring, not like HD or Jeep but same principle. They know their acolytes won’t ditch them.

I know of one issue a guy with a PC .460 revolver had and it took months to get it fixed after a few trips back. For a gun that was like $1500 to have to be sent back at all let alone twice or more is BS. I've been and am still seeing complaints with Ruger revolvers and the prices they're going for now I can't justify spending money on either brand currently.

The Taurus 92 I picked up last week I didn't even wipe the oil off, put 100 rds downrange and it ran 100%. Fuking Taurus' quality out of box is better than Ruger and Smith these days.

Total clown world.

I know of one issue a guy with a PC .460 revolver had and it took months to get it fixed after a few trips back. For a gun that was like $1500 to have to be sent back at all let alone twice or more is BS. I've been and am still seeing complaints with Ruger revolvers and the prices they're going for now I can't justify spending money on either brand currently.

The Taurus 92 I picked up last week I didn't even wipe the oil off, put 100 rds downrange and it ran 100%. Fuking Taurus' quality out of box is better than Ruger and Smith these days.

Total clown world.

I wouldn’t go that far….

Maybe if Taurus started making things like 44 magnums that didn’t require two buttons to press to open the cylinder people would take them more seriously. Also I would hope they wouldn’t f*** up a 92, given the design is ancient by now.

SW QC sucking randomly isn’t a “new” thing BTW this has been going on for like a decade….. but it does seem to go in “waves”.

SW QC sucking randomly isn’t a “new” thing BTW this has been going on for like a decade….. but it does seem to go in “waves”.

When there's unprecedented demand for guns and shaky QC, more lemons are going to get out the door. Notice how this thread was started in 2017, after Obama Panic II?

Back
Top Bottom