What striker fired gun?

320 > VP9. For competition, you would have to deal with the HK paddles for quick reloads. That would probably put you in a disadvantage. Also, the VP9 feels less robust and lower quality than other HKs. The 320 does everything well enough.

In competition, someone who trains hard with a VP9 will absolutely destroy someone shooting a P320 who doesn't train. Substitute any two reliable guns (even open guns vs single stack) in the previous sentence, and it holds true.

In response to the paddles on the VP9, I don't find them to be a prob. But I have had a Walter P99 for many years, so I'm a bit used to them.

On a slightly different note. I do sometimes switch guns out for IDPA. Reason is I want to be fast and proficient on multiple guns with different controls, grip angles, etc. So under stress I can work most anthing. For instance my G17 is the simplest, no safety, 10+1 rounds. I can use the slide lock to release the slide etc. Using a 1911 I need to remember the safety. 8+1 rounds and I have to grab the slide to release it.

In competition, someone who trains hard with a VP9 will absolutely destroy someone shooting a P320 who doesn't train. Substitute any two reliable guns (even open guns vs single stack) in the previous sentence, and it holds true.

Troll. Maybe at the Germany PSA. And training with the gun that one plans to compete with? Ha! Ludicrous!

If you answer isn't "a Glock" you are just wrong. LOL

As far as "shooting what fits best" the human being can become accustomed to just about anything. Look at the Glock. Honestly - did anyone ever go "Oh mah gahhhh, that thing is like someone massaging my fingers with a bewb or som'pin." No. It's large and blocky. The reason they are so popular is they were first and they just worked. Simplistic, even.

I go Glock BECAUSE it was the first, ergo I am used to it. I'm not a fan of the 45/100 frames, but the grip inserts help.

My point is: You can get "comfortable" with any platform. So it comes down to what you "like" the best. Buy that.

I think you're wrong. B/c I love Glocks. I've owned Kahrs. I've owned M&P's. I've owned SA/DA Sig's. I just shoot Glocks significantly better.

Some people just can't shoot glocks for shit or they don't fit their hands correctly. That's a legit reason for not wanting one. Of course the OP didn't say "why not glock" but if its because "waaah everyone else has one" or some other 'tard excuse he needs to have a sit down with himself and just correct that issue/have a pep talk with self/meeting/good rap or some shit, because he's only screwing himself if that's the only thing stopping him. I was "one of those people" and intentionally avoided buying a glock for years. Then I bought a 2nd gen G19 and that ended that period of stupidity.

I also know the ergo issues though.. and for some people the guns literally do not fit their hands, or the guns beat them up, or any number of other "gun ergonomic geometry" problems. I can't say I blame them from walking away at that point, just the same way I walked away from most HK products.... I finally realized that, inherently, I can't hold most of HKs pistols properly and my NPOA with say a VP9 or whatever, is pointed at the friggan ground. that's not a good way to start training- having to force yourself to override natural body
mechanics.

-Mike

This, plus a billion. A graphic example was this guy John who used to shoot pins with us (I think he is USPSA shooter too) and he nearly always ran a Sig P220 DA/SA... and ran it hard he did- he could basically destroy anyone on pins with that gun, even against some guys shooting open guns on pins- because he had put that much time behind the gun... It was pretty funny, sometimes he'd be shooting one of his open guns against pins and I'd be like "good, I actually have a chance, he's not using the P220... " [rofl] That's the kind of thing when you can tell someone has been putting in a lot of work with ONE gun, that they know it institutionally that well.

-Mike

Once you get used to it the VP9 paddles are very fast and keep your hand properly positioned. The reason you don,t see to many VP9 s in competition is the slide length, and lack of after market support for trigger modifications.

Back
Top Bottom