• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What should I buy!?!?

Pants

NES Member
I'm reaaallly torn right now and I'm not sure what I should do. I was dead set on trying to add a 9mm to my carry rotation and was thinking either a Glock 19 or 26. I currently rotate a Model 10 snubby and my HK45C. Now, one of my grail snubbies has just surfaced and I can only get one. Do I really need the 9mm or do you think I'm good to go and should just get the grail snubby?

HELLLLP!!!![thinking]

Not knowing what your "grail" is, and also not knowing just how rare it might be, I would cautiously suggest you get the grail since G19s and G26s are available on a regular basis.

Do you want to share what your "grail" is?

Not knowing what your "grail" is, and also not knowing just how rare it might be, I would cautiously suggest you get the grail since G19s and G26s are available on a regular basis.

Do you want to share what your "grail" is?

It's kind of rare...as I've been searching for years and haven't been able to get one. I'll post pics when I get it. [smile]

Buy the Grail. Even in Massachusetts a Glock is just another "who gives a shit" gun. Yeah, yeah, fanboys and blah blah blah.. you can buy any Glock all day long.

It's a teaser for me too! ha I'm picking it up Friday afternoon. Weekend's off to a good start!

Yeah - I feel the same way about Glock. The only reason I'm even considering a 19 or 26 is because I can get a couple pre-bans. If we didn't have the mag restriction, I would just call it a day and get an M&P 9. Then with that I have to bring it to BEC and have Lou work his magic.

The only reason I'm even considering a 19 or 26 is because I can get a couple pre-bans.

With the G26, prebans don't really matter that much since the standard capacity magazines are 10 rounds anyhow. You can use a G19 or G17 mag in a 26 of course but it kinda defeats the purpose of carrying the 26 in the first place. I have both the 19 and the 26 and though the size difference isn't really that drastic, the G26 is noticeably easier to conceal behind just a t-shirt. For me at least.

Glock 19 is a great choice. Good CCW gun and fun to shoot a lot at the range. I also like my shield. Great carry gun and fun at the range within 12 yards. best of luck

Grail gun for sure. You can grab a 9mm anytime.

You'll kick yourself if you pass up a long desired firearm.

With the G26, prebans don't really matter that much since the standard capacity magazines are 10 rounds anyhow. You can use a G19 or G17 mag in a 26 of course but it kinda defeats the purpose of carrying the 26 in the first place. I have both the 19 and the 26 and though the size difference isn't really that drastic, the G26 is noticeably easier to conceal behind just a t-shirt. For me at least.

How well does the 19 conceal behind an untucked button down (if you rock that look)? ha That's pretty much my standard going out to dinner look. T-shirts, I can always carry something else. I will say this though, I have no issues concealing my HK45C with a t-shirt with my Desantis Speed Scabbard - even I was surprised! The only thing that was really noticeable was my spare mag, it stuck out like sore thumb with a t-shirt on. I'm thinking I have no probs carrying that, I shouldn't with the 19. They're more or less the same size. Probably the HK being thicker.

- - - Updated - - -

Grail gun for sure. You can grab a 9mm anytime.

You'll kick yourself if you pass up a long desired firearm.

This is verrrrry true!

How well does the 19 conceal behind an untucked button down (if you rock that look)? ha That's pretty much my standard going out to dinner look.

Yes I rock that look as well, often. It took me a while to learn what people meant by "You need to learn to dress around your gun." when I first started carrying. It's different for every person because of body style, weight, tolerance for uncomfort etc... You get a good belt and a quality holster for the gun you want to carry, pick the correct clothing and it's easy to conceal pretty much anything. With the untucked button down I can carry a full size 1911 in my Milt Sparks SSII and it won't print unless I deliberately bend over to my left and stick my right hip out. It's comfortable enough where I've carried like that on long hikes as well.

So yeah I carry the G19 in a Done Hume leather IWB clip-on and it conceals just fine.

Depending on what your Grail gun is... I'd trade you my g26 or 19 for it...

Ha, no way dude! This one is pretty scarce these days. Just happy I finally pulled the trigger. Definitely paid a little on the high side (not too bad though), but so worth it!

GRAIL FAIL

So, I drove all the way out to the middle of the state to get my grail...and it was a total FAIL! The condition of the gun and the high price, just weren't worth it. Looks like the Glock is coming first!

One day I'll have one...I guess! ha The search continues!

Back
Top Bottom