What shotshell holders are you all using for action shotgun, and do you load 2 or 4?

Cuz

NES Member
Just what the title says, I want to know what you all are using for shotshell holders when you shoot action shotgun. I was using the California Competition Works 4 and 6 shell holders which work great for loading my Mossberg 590 when the gun was upside down and low in front of me. I just grabbed 4 off the holder and did a quick drop/flick motion to drop one into the loading port and flick it into the tube.

But now I want to try loading dual or quads up on my shoulder and wanted to know what you all are using for holders. Research tells me the big 3 are:
Carbon Arms
Invictus Practical
Taccom

Whats everyone using and how many do you load at a time?

Thanks,
Cuz.

Shotshell loading is an important part of the 3 gun game. When I travel, I have more shotshell options than all my other gear. Due to the lack of flexibility of my hands, I don't do well with quads, I load a couple ways, depending on the stages. My gear has 4 and 4x4 caddies, loading weak hand, several dual shell holders for loading deuces off my belt, and a chest rig for really long shot gun stages. All of my loading is with my weak hand, I've been loading all my guns, (Garand excepted) with my left hand. Trying to use my right hand is too foreign to me, and I don't like to wear gloves, and burning my hand is hated even more.
So, I load 4 old style, and 2 with the newer method.
Of the brands you listed, all are good. Pick one that fits your budget, or what may fit into the matches you plan on shooting. I've made my own deuces setup, because I can.

I use Carbon Arms. Invictus makes a good product also. You won't go wrong with either. I don't have nearly the experience that Dan does in 3 gun but if you watch the very top shooters, they are all quad loading now. I use my off hand, others use their strong hand. For the top guys (and girls) either method is about equal time wise. The only draw back to quad loading is that it works much, much better, with a shotgun modified for quad loading.

I run a combo of invictus practicals and some home made ones. due to having broken both of my hands I don't have the dexterity to quad load reliably. so it's load two for me.

Since I probably won't get to check out anyone's gear for quite some time and I'm very impatient I think I'm going to order one of Taccoms Sport Series holders to check out and play with over the winter. They are affordable enough that if it doesn't work out I won't worry about the money spent and will pass it down to one of my kids to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I probably won't get to check out anyone's gear for quite some time and I'm very impatient I think I'm going to order one of Taccoms Sport Series holders to check out and play with over the winter. They are affordable enough that if it doesn't work out I won't worry about the money spent and will pass it down to one of my kids to use.

Come shoot the 3 gun match at Monson on 10/1. You can check out stuff, and I can lend you the chest rig.

Thanks Dan, you've been great about lending stuff in the past. I won't be able to make it to the monson match. I'm not sure if my current schedule will let me get to any more matches this season.

Thanks guys. Yes, I'm currently planning on making it to Wallum this Sunday. I would like to check out whatever shotshell holders you have.

Thanks,
-Cuz

Oh shit. I forgot to bring my caddies this last weekend... well if you didn't know before now you know you can't depend on me for shit.

Oh shit. I forgot to bring my caddies this last weekend... well if you didn't know before now you know you can't depend on me for shit.

No problem, Dave brought his Taccom for me to see, which is what I really wanted. The Quads are too hard for me to grab, so I went and ordered one of their 10S2 Sport Series holders to play around with. It was cheap enough and it won't go to waste. I'll know better what I like/want after I try it out.

No problem, Dave brought his Taccom for me to see, which is what I really wanted. The Quads are too hard for me to grab, so I went and ordered one of their 10S2 Sport Series holders to play around with. It was cheap enough and it won't go to waste. I'll know better what I like/want after I try it out.

I have the duelin deuce which carries 8 shells and I can load 4 and load 2 with it with no problem.

I see they are discontinued and thankfully I bought them from Brownells which has a "forever warrantly" and I recently had them confirm the would honor a return if anything ever happens to them.

Fair enough. I've got a Triple Duelin Duece and have a hard time consistently grabbing 4 for a quad load. Much easier with the IPs and they seem to hold the shells just as firmly.

I have the duelin deuce which carries 8 shells and I can load 4 and load 2 with it with no problem.

I see they are discontinued and thankfully I bought them from Brownells which has a "forever warrantly" and I recently had them confirm the would honor a return if anything ever happens to them.

I think they changed the name of their redesigned caddies that don't hold the shells quite as stiffly, but good to know.

Back
Top Bottom