• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What scope for my Bullseye pistol box?

Mike 53

NES Member
So it's been maybe 20 or so years since I quit shooting and sold everything. Recently decided to take up Bullseye again and now trying to acquire the needed gear.
So far I've managed to pick up my 3 needed match pistols (2 1911's and a S&W 41)
and an old Pachmayr pistol range box with the Gil Hebard scope mounting arm. Back in the day I had a Bushnell spotting scope that attached to an arm mounted inside the lid. I'd like to get a scope to put in there that will show .22 holes at 50 yards. Well I am now in my 60's and so I would like to find something that will do the job. I'm told I should get an 80mm scope as it gathers light better than the smaller ones.
Anyone have a recommendation?
TIA.

80mm would be hugely overkill in my humble opinion. That's the size we use in rifle comp.
Shouldn't it be able to fit in the box?

Curious as to what answers you get from the Bullseye shooters.

I do not know if this will fit in your pistol box, but it will definitely do the job. The Bushnell Trophy Spotting Scope I have looks exactly like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-Tr...960?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d482dfcf8

The eyepiece is 16x-36x and D=50mm. It is marked RZ No. 1649 and comes with a short tabletop crappy stand. OAL = 12.75"

The Fleabay price listed is totally ludicrous ($580). I'll sell mine for $80.00 if that is what interests you.

When I did bullseye, I had a KMart Focal 12x-40x by 40mm. It is a straight-thru scope, OAL = 16.75" and fit in my pistol box (also using a Gil Hebard mounting arm). Still have it here collecting dust. It worked well out to 25yds(the longest I ever used it).

I do not know if this will fit in your pistol box, but it will definitely do the job. The Bushnell Trophy Spotting Scope I have looks exactly like this one:
The eyepiece is 16x-36x and D=50mm. OAL = 12.75"
The Fleabay price listed is totally ludicrous ($580). I'll sell mine for $80.00 if that is what interests you.
Hi Len,
That sounds great. We are in Virginia right now visiting relatives, but when I get home next week, I will look to see if it will fit. Pretty sure the box is at least 16 or so inches long, so it should go in there with room to spare. I'll get in touch next week. Thanks for responding!
-Mike

Back
Top Bottom