• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What rifle caliber defines the Fudd?

What round epitomizes Fudd life?

• .30-06

Votes: 39 25.5%
  • .30-30

Votes: 81 52.9%
  • .270 Winchester

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • 257 Weatherby

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • 35 Whelen

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 7mm Rem Mag

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • .284 Winchester

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other - Comment

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
LOL!!! I just bought a .243.

I'd vote for 16ga as well, since I'd prefer a 16ga for anything anyways.

If we're talking purely rifles that are listed - I have to vote for 30-30. Out west, the .270 may get the nod, but around here no one needs a long range caliber like that.
[bs]

Mindset is what defines a gun owner. Fudds will agree with liberal idiots that say “You don’t need a 30 round Clip” “Those rifles were designed for war” ect.. ect..the worst though are the guys that hang out at the range sighting in their rifle all the time and that’s taking one shot every 10 friggen minutes

You clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Go into the woods during a muzzleloader hunting season and probably 1-10% of hunters use traditional muzzleloaders. Modern inline muzzleloaders are modern rifles that load from the front merely to comply with game laws.

Again, not all hunters are Fudds, but the guy who thinks his T/C inline "is all the gun you ever need" and is condescending towards others is a Fudd.

You clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Go into the woods during a muzzleloader hunting season and probably 1-10% of hunters use traditional muzzleloaders. Modern inline muzzleloaders are modern rifles that load from the front merely to comply with game laws.

Again, not all hunters are Fudds, but the guy who thinks his T/C inline "is all the gun you ever need" and is condescending towards others is a Fudd.

I'm riffin'. See above with Gage and Brown Bess.

Can we do a hardo/hipster caliber critique next?

6.5 creedmoor? 300 blackout? 5.7x28?

let the flames begin...

Worst fudd comment ever overheard by someone I know: Guy and his kid come into gun shop bout 20 years ago. Kid starts looking at all the handguns inside a glass case. "Son all of those are just for killin people, we're not here for that. " [rolleyes] That's like 110% full on epitome of fudd-dom right there. THAT GUY.

Worst fudd comment ever overheard by someone I know: Guy and his kid come into gun shop bout 20 years ago. Kid starts looking at all the handguns inside a glass case. "Son all of those are just for killin people, we're not here for that. " [rolleyes] That's like 110% full on epitome of fudd-dom right there. THAT GUY.

was he wearing a jacket with elbow patches?

Then again…maybe they went in and he didn’t want to get distracted by other guns.

What if he said instead:
“Son those are self defense pistols to stop bad guys. Between my .38 and your mom’s.40 we’re pretty well covered when it comes to stopping bad guys. We’re here because it’s your first bear season and you don’t have a suitable rifle, so pay attention!”

Probably not.

Then again…maybe they went in and he didn’t want to get distracted by other guns.

What if he said instead:
“Son those are self defense pistols to stop bad guys. Between my .38 and your mom’s.40 we’re pretty well covered when it comes to stopping bad guys. We’re here because it’s your first bear season and you don’t have a suitable rifle, so pay attention!”

Probably not.

Isn't the point of going to a gun store to get distracted by other guns? Otherwise hit up private sale contacts.

Back
Top Bottom