what optics ?

Sparkey

NES Member
what optics if any should I put on my colt H bar match target . I don't want to spend more then I did on the gun but I also don't want to put some pos 29.95 china knock off on either

forsale054.jpg
[/IMG]

A Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 should be perfect for most applications. Under $200 for the scope but it is built tough. Spend the rest of the money on a Larue Tactical mount.

I believe in the pilosophy of "buy it once" so I would say buy something at least somewhat decent. It took me a while before I bought my first optic and I ended up getting an Aimpoint Compm4 mainly because it was on sale for a good price. If you're looking at red dots I would go the aimpoint route. The battery life is ridiculous on them. If you're looking for something magnified I have read good things about Millett brand scopes. They're not very expensive and have a decent reputation.

Burris xtr 1-4x Its an awesome piece of glass, you can shoot it like a red dot up close or crank it up to 4x to get out to 500y. best of both worlds

if it were me, i'd stick with Irons on it until i could get an Aimpoint, EoTECH or low power scope (Burris, Bushnell, Nikkon, Leupold) 1+ power to 4-8 power and GOOD mount (Burris, LaRue, GGG ect.)

is it Zombie, medium distance or both?

i.e. a 1-4x Millet DMS might be a good option too.

i like my Aimpoint though [smile] CompML2 w/ LaRue mount

define: "medium" [laugh]

i use my aimpoint from 25 to 300 yards...

most of the time it's between 50, 100 and 200 through... in the medium future, i'll add the 3x magnifier, but right now i have other things to tinker with.. [wink]

ya medium just like you said zombies to 300 yds
I think aimpoint is the way to go just have to save my pennies now

Last edited:
I bought an Eotech 512 off another member and love it. I prefer the sight picture to the aimpoints, but I would be happy with either. I LOVE ACOGs, but way out of my price range.

You can add a magnifier to an Eotech or Aimpoint, however at that point you are touching on the price of a used ACOG, and I'd just go with that.

If you plan on using your rifle inside of 50 yards I would without hesitation recommend something that is non-magnified. Even Irons are usable easily to 300 yards, and if you really take your time, up to 500.

Mike

Last edited:
If you plan on using your rifle inside of 50 yards I would without hesitation recommend something that is non-magnified. Even Irons are usable easily to 300 yards, and if you really take your time, up to 500.

Jose will be along shortly to brusquely explain the merits of irons at 1000 yards.

Skip red dot...Supermoto and Old Glory are giving you the answer you seek grasshopper....I would throw in a Leupold MR/T 1-5, or the new Vortex Viper 1-5.

I put a Meopta K-Dot 1-4x on my AR. I haven't really put it through its paces yet, but I like it so far. I think the illuminated low power variable is the way to go. The only thing to dislike IMO is the weight.

I put a Meopta K-Dot 1-4x on my AR. I haven't really put it through its paces yet, but I like it so far. I think the illuminated low power variable is the way to go. The only thing to dislike IMO is the weight.

The Meopta is a great piece of glass and probably the brightest reticle out there. One thing to be aware of on 1-4x scopes is if the 1x is truly a 1x, even the slightest magnification bothers me when I am shooting both eyes open. For some this is not a concern.

Jose will be along shortly to brusquely explain the merits of irons at 1000 yards.

Irons are great, you can shoot very accurately and consistently with them if you have the fundamentals down. The BEST thing optics provide, IMO, are a solid means of target identification for the shooter.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom