What kind of gun belt do you use for your carry?

Best bet is to measure your current belt, follow instructions on the web sites, they all have them. My old belt was not a gun belt so I measured from the hole I used and added 2" for carrying my .45 IWB to be safe. 2" was too much so the belt is a little long but it's fine, I still have one hole left if I wear it without a gun. If I lose weight (hopefully) I can always have another hole or two put in it. For me it's like this:

Jeans = 38
Dress pants/khakis = 40
Old non-gun belt = 42
New gun belt should have been = 43 (44 is ok but a tad large).

Yeah - I followed their instructions and it was perfect. Not to mention there are plenty of notches - so if I get off my ass and finally go to the gym, there's already holes there for motivation.
Another thing I liked is that you can rebuild the belt with parts from their site.

They also have (I believe it's Kydex) reinforced belts for those who really want a stiff belt.

I own a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch and Wilderness Tactical CSM. The 5 stitch is the coyote color so I tend to wear it more in the summer with cargo shorts and pocket carry. The CSM is black and I wear it in the cooler weather with long pants and IWB carry.

Wilderness is far too tactical for daily use by me. I have one. (I think. I'll have to look.) I at least HAD one.

My collection includes:

1 Wild Bill Concealment brown plain belt. Has to be 10-15 yrs old. Light use.
1 Wilson Combat (not made by them. I forget who makes them. Good belts) sharkskin in black. Possibly a decade old. Getting worn down and soft.
1 tan Elephanthide from TheBeltMan Barely wear this one. Too stiff. Just crazy stiff.
1 new black sharkskin from that guy that was in Marlboro earlier this fall. Good price. Worn it once or twice. THICK! But I think it'll break in.

All belts are 1.5". Anyone who says you can't wear a 1.5" with dress clothes just don't know dinkus.

Ares Gear ranger lite no cobra buckle . black

B_UG_RangerLite_01.jpg

Last edited:
I use a Hank's Amish belt. I have two, black and brown. Wear the brown one every day. I've had it about 2 years, still a great belt, but it's softened a little bit with daily wear. Easily held a full size pistol when I first got it, just a little saggy under the weight of a G19 and spare magazine on the opposite side now. I'd still recommend it and it still works, but I've been thinking about getting either a kydex or steel reinforced belt for carry probably from Hank's as well.

Crossbreed. Going on 7 years I think. Hard to remember it's been so long. I wear my black one nearly every day, zero issues. I wouldn't even look at another manufacturer if I had to buy another one today.

Been wearing the same belt for nearly 20 years now almost daily.

Made by Mitch Rosen in New Hampshire. Not cheap, but this is quality that lasts. Having a 100% brass buckle is nice when flying too. Never had it trip a metal detector.

Mitch Rosen Belts

+1........ certainly not cheap but it'll outlast me that's for sure. Good and solid and beautifully made.

Hanks Amish leather. Same one since 2011. Looking into a synthetic for my next belt, not because leather isn't good. Just want a change.

Started with a Wilderness Instructors belt... great belt.

Then a couple years later I went to an Endeavor Stitchworks EDC belt which is the same thing as a Wilderness Instructors belt but with a cobra buckle. No more threading/unthreading the belt multiple times a day. Great belt.

Then about a month ago I bought a Kore X3 EDC belt to try out. Reinforced leather belt with a ratcheting buckle system = infinite adjustment. I really liked the concept/functionality. And does dual duty as casual and dress belt. It's thinner than other gun belts I've owned/seen but has held up my G19 + spare mag just fine. So far so good.

DeSantis Econobelt. The black buckle one. It's not bad for the price. I think I will get an Original SOE Low Profile belt next.

Back
Top Bottom