• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What kind of gun belt do you use for your carry?

Hague Textiles in New Bedford. I tried one of his belts because he offered a great discount for multiple items, I think the belt cost me like $33. Great quality, the only thing I dont like about it is that it has a basket weave pattern. However, it does the job well, and for my budget at the time, its perfect.

I bought a 5.11 tactical belt from work N' Gear. i love it. It has a reinforced core and it looks great. I think it was $40 or $50.

I just got one of the Amerihide belts from Disse, made in USA. So far I love it. I got it a few weeks ago when the embossed 1.5" belts were on sale for $49.95, they are back to $64.95 now.

It is my first real gun belt so I can't give any comparisons beyond the fact that it's a world of difference over a regular belt, obviously. I wear it even when I'm not carrying. I also can't give any longevity opinion but it sure seems to be very well made. Someone else mentioned that the two layer black belt has a natural color back layer. Mine does too and I agree if I knew that I would have asked for both layers to be black but it doesn't really bother me.

The couple of opinions I saw on NES seemed to say that the Amerihide belts were a cut above Hanks in finish/appearance. I want to get a brown one too but the sale is over so I may try a Hank's belt. I will say I think mine looks really sharp. The black basket weave with square chrome buckle is what I got.

https://www.dissegear.com/product/gun-belt-any-day-basket-weave-square-buckle-1-5/

Amerihide thread on NES:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/318138-Sale-Amerihide-gun-belts

Last edited:
I have both a Hanks and an Amerihide. I like and wear both. Wearing the Amerihide right now, actually. Both are the narrower 1 1/4" belts and very comfortable.

Wilderness Tactical for daily wear, my first one lasted 14 years with one Velcro change (local shoe repair shop did that for me). On my second one now. I have Hanks and a Gunners Alley belts for formal wear.

Another vote here for Hank's. One word of advice: MEASURE rather than going off what you think your pants size is! Hank's belts are sold by exact measurement. I measured, and the one I ordered works, but I think I'd go up a size for my next one.

I've noticed that men's pants these days are getting to be vanity-sized. In some brands I find that I now take a 32" waist, a size I've never worn since maybe my freshman year of high school.

Lol, I didn't even know there was a such thing. I just stuff it in my waistband.

I've got the amerihide/disse, hanks, and andy's.

All are nice but I'd rank them this way

The disse first. It's heavy duty and the buckle is top quality.

Second Andy's. it's a very close second and possibly first depending on your needs. It's easier to pass as a dressier belt and the buckle is the best of all of them. It's single layer so that's why it's a bit less heavy duty than the disse. I actually wear this one the most

Hanks is last. It's stiff and works well for the money. I don't like how noisy the roller buckle is. It's definitely a good economical belt but it's the last one I reach for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading this thread I ordered two Hank's. The two current belts I have had for 4 years are from Walter Dyer and they are starting to disintegrate so a upgrade was needed. Perfect timing to because they have $10 off each belt with free shipping.

Another vote here for Hank's. One word of advice: MEASURE rather than going off what you think your pants size is! Hank's belts are sold by exact measurement. I measured, and the one I ordered works, but I think I'd go up a size for my next one.

I've noticed that men's pants these days are getting to be vanity-sized. In some brands I find that I now take a 32" waist, a size I've never worn since maybe my freshman year of high school.

Best bet is to measure your current belt, follow instructions on the web sites, they all have them. My old belt was not a gun belt so I measured from the hole I used and added 2" for carrying my .45 IWB to be safe. 2" was too much so the belt is a little long but it's fine, I still have one hole left if I wear it without a gun. If I lose weight (hopefully) I can always have another hole or two put in it. For me it's like this:

Jeans = 38
Dress pants/khakis = 40
Old non-gun belt = 42
New gun belt should have been = 43 (44 is ok but a tad large).

Back
Top Bottom