• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What kind of fanboy are you?

I guess I'm odd... or maybe I've trained with people (including Derek) that host instructors that think it matters? Anyways... I think it's important to know the mechanical limit of a pistol in my hands with my carry ammo. :) :)

WOULD I shoot at something at 200 yards? Not likely at all. COULD I? Yup.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=36&v=IeH1-w_aSow

I'm not saying that YOU can't hit a target at 200 yards with a pistol. I'm saying that I'M not even taking that shot because I KNOW I can't do it. I absolutely agree about knowing your limits, and 200 yards with a pistol is beyond MINE.

f*** him. He went from molon labe to sucking .gov off for a paycheck. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
I'm gonna go with you're not a .gov fanboy. /joke
That's definitely a change of outlook though. Can't comment beyond that because I don't know that person.
What the f*** is a meme?
pretty much the internet version of a pop culture reference.

I'm gonna go with you're not a .gov fanboy. /joke
That's definitely a change of outlook though. Can't comment beyond that because I don't know that person.
pretty much the internet version of a pop culture reference.

A meme can be anything.

efnet #warezNT in 1997 sometime said:
<fatal0d> This just in, Bill gates just died!!!!!
<taxxman> you’re lying you can’t be serious.
<fatal0d> just saw it on CNN 10 seconds ago, no shit.
<drgrant> I just saw it too on ABC’s news ticker on the bottom of the screen!!
<taxxman> BILL GATES IS DAED?!!!! HOLY SHIT WHAT HAPPENED?
(2 minutes later)
<fatal0d> Yeah, apparently Bill Gates was on his private jet, and Larry Ellison just shot it down with his fighter jet.
<taxxman> f*** YOU GUYS OMG!!!!!!! HES NOT REALLY DEAD!

I don't know you, but I'd bet a week's pay that you're not as "deadly" at 25 yards as you think you are. To meet that standard, I would proffer that you need to CONSISTANTLY hit an A zone head shot at 25 yards. that's moderately difficult with a G17, tricky with a G19, and mighty hard with a G43. Most people can't make 5 shots touch at 5 yards, standing static without any distractions(like some mofo shooting back), yet proclaim that they can "get the job done" when they need to. I call bullshit. Part of the game is knowing your limitations, and shooting a pistol at 200 yards is an enormously humbling, and possibly a confidence building exercise. Plugging steel at 200 yards with a G19 isn't juat about jerking off to some John Mclane save the day LARP fantasy, its all about learning your gun and how you interact with it.

God I have a man crush on you. Don't tell the lady... She'd probably cut me

I am fine with working for the government, just not the enforcement arms of it.

oh so just because atilla decided to better support his family by joining law enforcement hes all of a sudden a bad guy? thats what i dont get about NES everyone is so quick to judge law enforcement.

i actually ran into him at Devens a few weeks back hes been doing some high tech work for ATF/DEA getting flown around on our 60's in MA and NH. He couldnt go into details as im sure its "secret sauce" or whatever but i dont blame him one bit, hes supporting his family, and probably doing all he can to keep us all safe from drug traffickers and whatnot who are smuggling illegal guns into the US.

eta: you should see the gear hes rocking holy shit.

Last edited:
oh so just because atilla decided to better support his family by joining law enforcement hes all of a sudden a bad guy? thats what i dont get about NES everyone is so quick to judge law enforcement.

i actually ran into him at Devens a few weeks back hes been doing some high tech work for ATF/DEA getting flown around on our 60's doing some tech shit for BATFE in MA and NH. He couldnt go into details as im sure its "secret sauce" or whatever but i dont blame him one bit, hes supporting his family, and probably doing all he can to keep us all safe from drug traffickers and whatnot who are smuggling illegal guns into the US.

He can keep all that fancy shit behind his thin blue line. I have nothing for him.

I clicked on this thread hoping to chat about New Kids on the Block, but apparently you meant what gun manufacturers do I like.

I’d be lying if I didn’t say I love H&K firearms but I tend to shy away from them because of their corporate hatred towards freedom.
I have a love for magnum revolvers from any manufacturer that doesn’t make me wonder if I’ll still have a hand after I pull the trigger.
Also I have an unhealthy addiction to pistol caliber carbines, thankfully there are a lot of low cost options that meet the standard.

I clicked on this thread hoping to chat about New Kids on the Block, but apparently you meant what gun manufacturers do I like.

I’d be lying if I didn’t say I love H&K firearms but I tend to shy away from them because of their corporate hatred towards freedom.
I have a love for magnum revolvers from any manufacturer that doesn’t make me wonder if I’ll still have a hand after I pull the trigger.
Also I have an unhealthy addiction to pistol caliber carbines, thankfully there are a lot of low cost options that meet the standard.
Hey, if you read even any of the last page of this thread, I think your NKOTB would be almost welcomed. (not really)
I definitely share the love of pistol caliber carbines, whether a lever gun or things like the HK USC, MCX, EVO. Though the Keltec 2000 is the single only product I found I actually like from that company (though I still don't own one).
Hey, you know you're secretly waiting for a hi-point magnum revolver made out of whatever that material they use is.

i actually ran into him at Devens a few weeks back hes been doing some high tech work for ATF/DEA getting flown around on our 60's in MA and NH. He couldnt go into details as im sure its "secret sauce" or whatever but i dont blame him one bit, hes supporting his family, and probably doing all he can to keep us all safe from drug traffickers and whatnot who are smuggling illegal guns into the US.

Holy Mother of god....I forgot how much of a fgt he was until I came back through this thread.

I met Atila, he was cool and treated me with respect. Wish I could say the same about all NESers. He may or may not be playing for the other team. I don't really have an opinion. I wish I was polarizing enough to become an NES meme. Maybe one day I can troll you all enough to derail threads without even logging on. That would be boss.

I guess the closest thing I get to fanboy territory is for the M1 Garand. I tend to like old stuff and it looks old without looking beat up. Heavy, wood and steel, smells good, (lol), has a good amount of history associated with it, the "PING". If I could only keep one rifle it would have to be the AR for other reasons, but if I could keep two, the Garand would be the other.

I remember when I played (I think) Allied Assault, precursor to the original Call of Duty, and the Garand had the ‘ping’ - it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom